The Official MSI GT73VR Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Shehary

Shehary Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Kryo is the only paste which gives me good temps, LM failed in my case so as ICD, look at pic what happened to HS after LM....

2. Shehary

Shehary Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I cannot get my hands on on Indigo, not available in my country, yeah I can lap the HS and clean it, I think I have 2000 or plus grits sand paper lying around somewhere.

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    For me Kryo only gave me good temps for 2 days then it started to get worse and worse

4. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOK's = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Dont sand/shave of all the copper:D You can use the strongest quality isopropyl. You find it up to 99%
    For thermal paste. Try Phobya NanoGrease Extreme

Phoenix and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  5. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Kryonaut requires perfect mounting to avoid dryout. My GPU has Kryonaut and temps have been the same for 2 months since I applied it after doing vbios mod, and stable..
    For CPU's it's all over the place. My first 3 Kryonaut CPU attempts had degradation, but the very last one went much better. Maybe it rose by 4C at WORST then remained perfectly stable for a month (I was satisfied with this) until I switched to Conductonaut.

Conductonaut dropped my CPU temps by 10-15C(!), made 4.5 ghz Pentium 4/type 0 FFT 8 thread prime testing possible to stay under 80C in an A/C'd room (Great), and
    made 4.4 ghz AVX/FMA3 prime 8 thread possible without reaching prochot/99C. This was impossible before.

Try Nanogrease Extreme. @Mr. Fox had great success with it. He said it was better than Kryonaut for him. Unfortunately, in MY case, it was worse than Kryonaut.
    With Kryonaut, I had a cpu temp delta between coldest/hotting cores of about 4C. With nanogrease, it was about 7C. Multiple attempts. Also I had worse temp degradation with nanogrease than Kryonaut. That's why I went back to Kryonaut before going to LM, and tried redoing the screw method for partial turns, which seemed to work better.

For now, I have Conductonaut on CPU, Kryonaut on GPU, both great and stable.

Mr. Fox and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  6. plee82

plee82 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I checked Nanogrease Extreme spec sheet and the viscosity is lower than Kryonaut.

7. Shehary

Shehary Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    cannot get my hand any of your suggest stuff, where I live only option is to import so lapping was the only option, though I'm thinking to buy CPU HS from MSI, since day one I'm struggling with CPU HS...

after lapping, it also shows that it's surface still uneven, though i left that LM on HS, it's now part of the HS copper.....temps back to normal like it was with Kryo before applying LM...i will stay away from LM till I get new CPU HS....:D

[​IMG]

8. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOK's = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Yeah, people think MSI don't deliver uneven/warped HS for their laptops. The more expensive the model is, the better quality and QC. People/biased owners take always wrong:cool: They should stop fool themselves!! @Phoenix :rolleyes:
    And exactly same temp as before? You could take of HS again, clean of and lapping a bit more, then remove the 4 washers before you put on new paste and screw down. You could probably shave of a few degrees with this step even with Kryonaut or other top thermal paste. Worth a try, bruh.

Edit. You should take a extra look on how the fit is. See heatsink as the pict. Lapping slightly or see if you can use thinner pads if needed there as well. The whole HS can be uneven. Test out.
    IMG_1373.PNG

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  9. dzpliu

dzpliu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I saw this posted on baidu, as well as some discussions about this in the clevo OCer thread.
    Will this work with 16L1 as well? i have a friend who currently owns a 16L1, and his machine cant run pass 230W. He has a programmer, but i have heard that the EC chip is not easy to program.
    He will probably try using RW first, i will post here if he succeeds

10. Shehary

Shehary Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    temps nearly the same, may be bit better, last kryo re-paste (before LM), 3 to 5 degree difference between cores and this time after lap, re-pasted with kryo and 2 to 4 degree difference between cores where core-0 and core-1 still high as compare to core-2 and 3 also core-2 and 3 temps always same....I will give one more lap to CPU HS

there are no pads here....