The Official MSI GT73VR Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Maineiac12

Maineiac12 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've already registered my warranty and I've only had the laptop about 6 months now. However, looking at the inside of the laptop it looks like the audio parts are soldered to the motherboard so they will most likely have to replace the entire board or disassemble the case and then do some soldering work which may be pricey.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    hmscott likes this.
  2. Maineiac12

Maineiac12 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ugh, so MSI responded to my ticket and said that the service center will determine warranty coverage so I have to mail it in to even find out. :confused:

Atma likes this.
  3. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So it's up to MSI whether it was an accident or not?! :eek2:

Did you send them the pic of the damage?

4. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yup, that sounds typical, your doctor can't diagnose "you" over the "phone", you have to go in to your doctor's office for a visit for a physical examination before they can "prescribe" a remedy - and cost :)

And, as with the Doctor's office, don't wear any expensive jewelery or clothes in to the office, so take out any expensive expansions - only send in the bare minimum for function :)

Soldering isn't heart surgery, it's quick and uses cheap parts, but that doesn't mean it will be cheap, although I'd be surprised if they charged you.

Still, it's a small defect to "use up" your accidental damage warranty.

Then again, they might deem it a defect failure and fix it free.

IDK, looking at the damage, it's pretty bad, not sure how you could apply that much pressure on the socket just from "kicking the plug out", so I'd say it's a defect failure :)

Good luck, and please let us know how it works out.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    DukeCLR and Atma like this.
  5. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Relax...if it is physical damage it will be covered by your No Ooops guarantee, as long as you registered your standard warranty within 30 days of your ship date. You do however only get one claim under that policy, so you may want to hold off until close to its one year expiration in case you have an even more catastrophic accident...just don't go past the 1 year...put it in your calendar.

6. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I never knew a warranty covers physical damage?! :eek:o_O

hmscott and Atma like this.
  7. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If you registered within 30 days you get a 1 year accidental damage warranty. At least in the U.S. Not sure of other countries.

hmscott and Ultra Male like this.
  8. Donald@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    It is offered by Region. The USA has it, but you should check your Region to see if it is offered. If you are outside of the USA, but buy from HIDevolution, and get the HIDevolution Global Warranty, shipping will be covered both ways to send it back to the USA for repair. If you did not buy the HIDevolution Global Warranty, it will still be covered, but the user pays for shipping both ways...however we will send our international customers a return shipping label at our deeply discounted shipping cost, and just charge for the shipping both ways.

9. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    but I thought my laptop came with a 1 year global warranty as standard?

HardCoreGamer4Life and hmscott like this.
  10. Donald@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    MSI Global Warranty yes, but that does not cover accidental damage globally. Accidental Damage is a separate warranty.