The Official MSI GT73VR Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Aug 16, 2016.

1. kicker4106

kicker4106 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    yup its all there. I had a bit of trouble with locating my SSDs though in my case. I just had to load the RAID drivers since 2 of my SSDs were in RAID.

Now what I didn't do is make a second partition on my OS drive. I checked my other drives though and it seems that the there were no boot files of my Data drive. Would that be alright?

2. HardCoreGamer4Life

HardCoreGamer4Life Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    How to delete all the partitions on the same drive Disk though? Like if I want to clean install my OS in my C: drive, do I just go to the Boot menu by pressing F11 during startup and go to the USB drive which has the Windows installation and just install it in my C: drive? Will that automatically delete everything in my C: drive?

3. HardCoreGamer4Life

HardCoreGamer4Life Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Forget my reply before this, you already answered me in your post here. Will going to the "drive options" give you the choice to delete all partition on disk 0 as seen here?

EDIT: I saw @Phoenix Youtube video and there's a delete option for the partitions there. Should I just delete every partition there is in the Disk 0? Also he mentioned that he removed his Second Drive.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  4. Maineiac12

Maineiac12 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    IMG_2940.JPG So, my headphone jack broke when unplugging my headphones today. I have the piece that broke off but even when I stick it back in the jack doesn't work. It must have cracked when I tripped over my headphone cord last week and ripped the plug out as I fell. Today was probably just the day it worked itself loose.

Is this sort of thing covered by the MSI accidental damage warranty?

And if I have to send it back do I need to remove my upgraded RAM and SSDs before shipping it to them?

Atma and hmscott like this.
  5. kicker4106

kicker4106 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hmm. I've done the clean install. And now I'm doing some benchmark through 3Dmark. I seem to be getting lower scores compared to the out of the box settings and drivers.

Fire strike was from 18285 down to 17817 and mark11 had a decrease of about 300-400.
    I've upddated the BIOS to 313 and the vbios to 86.4.56.0.3c. My graphics driver is 381.89.

Ive set the power management to max. I've only OCed through Dragon centre which all the sliders are maxed out. the temps are not bad but the scores are just a bit lower.

When I did the clean install though. I didnt partition my raid set up into 2 but I dont see any boot files of my HDD though. I don't know if that would affect the score.

6. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    You'd need to contact MSI support to be sure what they will and will not cover, every MSI region has their own rules or interpretation of what is supported under warranty.

I always recommend taking out anything not needed for the RMA, put back the original RAM / Storage and restore the OS to the out of the box recovery image. I suggest not shipping the PSU or cable's too. When you get the laptop back from RMA you can test the laptop for a while with the stock parts and OS install to test the repair, before you restore your RAM / storage and OS / data restore.

It sucks, that's for sure. If you haven't had the laptop long, you might want to "save up" problems to get fixed all at once by MSI Accidental Coverage, it seems like a minor cost issue.

Does your model come with the High-Def DAC headphone jack too? You might start using that - get a really long cable and tie it off against the desk this time so if you trip it pulls against the desk instead of the laptop :)

Or, get a wireless solution, with a USB dongle, or even a USB headset.

For now I'd disable that port, just in case it's feeding power to it and it's got a short.

You can register with MSI if you haven't already and file a ticket to ask about the repair cost, and attach a zip file with images to show the damage.
    https://register.msi.com/home/login

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    Atma likes this.
  7. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Not sure if anyone ever answered you, but the extension cable I used for the OLD MSI 1761 whitebook back in 2012 that I bought from Amazon, still works on the GT72VR monitors. Should work on the GT73 since it's just a cable, after all.

Atma likes this.
  8. Djadit

Djadit Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Do you turn on windows update ? Just microsoft windows .driver download turn off

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

9. GenTechPC

GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:

Correct just delete all partitions on disk 0 and make sure disk 0 is the OS drive because sometimes disk 1 is the OS drive.

Make sure don't touch any other drives because if you accidentally delete any partitions on other drives then you will lost everything.

Yes MSI covers first year accidental damage if you registered your warranty with first 30 days of purchase.

No you do not need to remove anything from the laptop before send it in, they will know your laptop has been customized and won't touch it.

10. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Last edited: May 4, 2017