The Official MSI GT73VR Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Aug 16, 2016.

1. HardCoreGamer4Life

HardCoreGamer4Life Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @DukeCLR Hey man, did you read my earlier posts? @Shehary told me to get some thoughts from you about me not having the 6th Fan Curve in the Advance Option in the DGC Fan speed despite updating my EC Firmware from .107 to .108. He also told me that you already have the 6th fan curve even though you still have the .107 BIOS version like mine and that you didn't update the EC Firmware. Did you do something more to have that phantom 6th curve? Thanks man!

2. DukeCLR

DukeCLR Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The busy season is here and I'm a bit behind, just catching up now. I did nothing to get the curve the way it was, it's just there but I remember the bug a few people had. @Shehary did the new version have 6 steps in the curve?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    Atma likes this.
  3. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I was talking about unplugging the adapter.

GenTechPC likes this.
  4. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have the 10a bios and EC 108. I have 6 adjustments for the fan speed, but I'm sorry, I don't remember if it happened after the 108 update or the 10a bios update. I looked back through the thread to see if/when I mentioned it but I can't find anything. I also have the 6RE, not the 6RF like you do.

GenTechPC likes this.
  5. JeanLegi

JeanLegi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    you can try the silent Option tool:
    https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=255972.0

it is a nice and easy tool from the msi hq end user Forum and i use this instead of the dc.
    You own a 6 or 7 Generation GT73? For 6th Genration it will work for 7th i don't know

HardCoreGamer4Life, DukeCLR and Atma like this.
  6. DukeCLR

DukeCLR Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I was in a hotel in Hawaii the other day and got my first experience with warm weather gaming, my temps were the same but my CPU fan was noticeably louder so l I'm trying to under volt my CPU to see if I can reduce it a bit. On my desktop I have had good luck using XTU but it's not working the same way. I have a couple of questions.

Do I have to uninstall DGC to the values in XTU to work?
    Has anyone had success in under volting at 4.1 Ghz? If so what voltage worked?

Atma likes this.
  7. Coruscator

Coruscator Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Cheers mate.

Ive sorted it now. Phew it was a task too.

Took my system out of RAID 0 after reading peoples comments on here and doing a bit of googling, that it just isn't worth it with SSD drives.

I wish I'd known about the F11 key, I think my method was the long way.

I've put windows on one of the drives and used the other for my games.

All working a treat again now. :)

8. Badhand386

Badhand386 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have DC and XTU installed, it still works. Only issue you may have is the version of XTU that runs under dragon center is outdated and won't let you actually launch it. Download it from intel and you should be able to undervolt then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GenTechPC and DukeCLR like this.
  9. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I uploaded the Windows 10 Redstone 2 upgrade on my Google Drive. Call me on Skype so I can hook you up

HardCoreGamer4Life likes this.
  10. Shehary

Shehary Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Silent Option will also give you 5 bars if you have 5 CPU fan bars (where first bars adjustment overlapping), though it's excellent tool and replacement of dragon center advanced fan curve setting but in this particular situation silent option tool is no help...