The Official MSI GT73VR Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just unplug mine for about 10 seconds before booting up but I'm not sure you even need to do that. See point 5.

DukeCLR likes this.
  2. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not sure what the sound is. Try reinstalling the Steel Series Engine again to fix your keyboard. You can also try reinstalling true color.

DukeCLR likes this.
  3. Maverick389

Maverick389 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Guys i know this must have been discussed a lot in the thread but just would like to have your opinion omce more on the thermals. So while gaming max temperatures are as below:
    CPU: 78-81 C
    GPU: 75-78 C
    Are these good as CPU and GPU were repasted with IC Diamond? Or in any way i can reduce them further?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

DukeCLR likes this.
  4. Badhand386

Badhand386 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Whoa, those CPU temps are a little high.
    What game are you playing? Not that it matters much, just wondering how processor bound the game is that you're heating up so much. Your GPU is about where Mass Effect takes mine. My CPU has yet to break the 50c while gaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    DukeCLR and GenTechPC like this.
  5. Maverick389

Maverick389 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Please note that these are the max values from HWMonitor but actual temps are always below these. I have set the plan to "comfort" and fans on "auto".

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

DukeCLR likes this.
  6. Badhand386

Badhand386 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @Shehary @Phoenix

7. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Playing Mass Effect Andromeda, my CPU, according to HWMonitor, will hit the mid 80's and my GPU at a constant 65 overclocked to 125/250. That's on Turbo with a custom fan profile that doesn't go above 2500rpm. However, like you, that's just a temporary max. Ingame stats from Riva/Afterburner show the CPU fairly steady at 75 or lower. I don't have your gen 7 CPU though.

Maverick389 likes this.
  8. Shehary

Shehary Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @JeanLegi

You don't need to remove battery to reset it after updating the EC firmware, though the instruction given by MSI in EC firmware zip file said that if the battery is not removable, After updating, EC firmware will take care of resetting the battery but the manual says opposite....check following snap shot taken from GT73VR online manual

[​IMG]

@Atma sorry mate, I disagree with you on this one but you were right....

Note: I never use above battery reset after any EC firmware update and only followed the instruction given by MSI in EC firmware zip package file and till today never had any problem....

It's your call, either you follow the instruction provided with EC firmware file or provided in manual....

9. Badhand386

Badhand386 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Mines on turbo with Liquid metal, I've also undervolted 120mv. My temps float near but never passing 50c. That's according to XTU and hwinfo.

DukeCLR, GenTechPC and Atma like this.
  10. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah I've used the EC reset hole before. The last time I just unplugged it for a little bit and didn't seem to have a problem. The last time I used the reset I noticed it also changed from raid in the bios to ACHI. Fortunately, I only had to change it back and everything worked.