The Official MSI GT73VR Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Aug 16, 2016.

1. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    In my opinion for the price, the best source for this laptop:
    US residents: HIDEvolution - great service, great warranty support and cool MSI goodies
    EU residents: Scan UK - great MSI goodies, no pixel warranty and they pay for shipping back (in case of warranty) for UK customers. Scan gives 2 years of MSI warranty
    Amazon UK - no MSI goodies, Amazon offers 2 years of Amazon warranty for ALL EU customers. Meaning if you have ANY problem (even if it is just 1 dead pixel on the screen) you can send it back for a repair. If repair option is not available Amazon will send a new laptop or if the laptop is not in stock anymore you get a full refund. You have to pay for shipping back, however if you scan and send them the receipt of the shipping fee, Amazon will refund the shipping fee (in other words Amazon will pay for shipping fee).

As an EU resident I think Amazon UK offers the best service/price. Goodies that Scan offer are really nice (backpack, headphones, pluss keychain), however if I have warranty problems it will be easier and much cheaper to handle it with Amazon.
    As for Scan if you order from there and have a defect screen with 1-2 dead pixels, cross your fingers because it is not 100% that Scan will consider that as a defect (they follow standard ISO policy which allows up to 3 dead pixels)

And if you are an US resident go with HID, you will not be disappointed.

This is just my 2 cents.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Spartan likes this.
  2. Shehary

Shehary Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The information you provide is not enough to reach any conclusion what causing the problem, so what I can suggest is....

Restore laptop to factory setting....there is a manual came with laptop how to make restore disk and how to restore laptop to factory setting....

keep all benchmark tools on a disk......

Once restore done...do not connect your laptop to internet.....otherwise windows will run it's update.....install benchmark tools and run benchmarks....if the result remain same as like snapshot....contact your re seller or MSI and ask for support...most probably you have faulty GPU...if result scores are okey...means you had some software installed which was causing the problem....

Papusan and Spartan like this.
  3. Addicted2GamZz

Addicted2GamZz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    thanks, but it wouldn't be bad if i bought it from a online retailer e.g scan.co.uk, saveonlaptops.co.uk or ebuyer.com? would it?

4. Shehary

Shehary Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    who said that applying ICD will bring the temps down to 4 to 5 degree as compare to stock TIM....?

Blue Hazard likes this.
  5. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Read what I wrote a few posts above.

6. Addicted2GamZz

Reputations:
    oh right, sorry didn't see your post, i'll check it out now, it wouldn't matter where i bought it in UK

i've read the post now, thanks, how good is scan.co.uk's warranty and customer service? are they good?

i might get it from scan.co.uk as they are a well known computer/laptop retailer and you are getting a free MSI bundle with the laptop

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2017
  7. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Why do you write 2 (or 3) sentences in 2 posts?

Yea, Scan is good, but Amazon is better.

Up to you to decide. You take the risk of defected screen to get free MSI goodies or you instead play it safer and go with the bigger company with better warranty service.

@Phoenix: Mind if I steal the MSI logo from your signature and put it in mine too? :)

8. Addicted2GamZz

Reputations:
    i meant to post it in the same comment but totally forgot, if something went wrong(e.g defected screen, not working, etc.) would scan repair it as long as the laptop is under warranty?

9. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Just ran a Type Spy.......

GSYNC Off, VSYNC Off, GPU Power Management = High Performance

@Shehary

Time Spy - GTX 1080 (378.77) CPU 4.2 GHz-GPU OC 150-300 [W10]

[​IMG]

10. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations: