The Official MSI GT73VR Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    @Addicted2GamZz

I've only seen problem after the other from people who bought laptops from Scan UK (latest one: P670hs-g owner)

Buy it from HIDevolution if you want a laptop that works great out of the box. They do a marvelous job in their thermal paste methods. My laptop and @HardCoreGamer4Life 's laptop max out @ 80 C during an AIDA64 Extreme Stress test and his laptop is overclocked to 4.1 GHz on all cores and mine is overclocked to 4.2 GHz (88C max temps for mine due to a higher overclock) on all cores so that should tell you something about the quality of the MSI laptops that are customized through HIDevolution.

If you are trying to go the cheaper route, you will only pay the price down the line and have to deal with RMAs and returns.

Remember, MSI laptops come standard with a 1 year global warranty which covers shipping costs both ways and an additional 1 year standard warranty (no shipping costs coverage) so that gives you even more peace of mind. Once you receive the laptop and register it with MSI then complete a brief survey, you get another 3 months extension to your warranty

email donald@hidevolution.com to get a small discount

you can build yours here:

Pick the model depending on the GPU / screen you want: http://www.hidevolution.com/catalogsearch/result/?a=all&q=gt73vr

HardCoreGamer4Life and DukeCLR like this.
  2. Addicted2GamZz

Addicted2GamZz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    if any laptop can keep cool from a UK non-custom website, i think it will be the GT73VR 7RF Titan Pro as it has lots of air vents, better cooling and the button to turn on the fans, so would it be a great laptop if i bought it from scan.co.uk?

3. Shehary

Shehary Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No flashing BIOS / VBIOS / EC Firmware will not void warranty....better to restore laptop to factory default instead clean install....and start over.....

378.77 is hotfix drivers released by nVidia in late Feb.....

No manufacture provide support to run the game on higher FPS....you said that gpu was running in pcie x16 v2.0 and later after updating drivers gpu started running in pcie x16 v3.0...sound like driver issue not hardware issue and as you said updating drivers resolved the issue....I don't see a reason to blame MSI support for it....

DukeCLR likes this.
  4. Blue Hazard

Blue Hazard Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    yeah the stock gt73vr 7rf has pretty great cooling, but like phoenix, I would recommend you get it from an online retailer like hidevolution/xotic pc/gentech pc. I got mine from xotic and i've got to admit, when it works properly, the temps are superb. But unfortunately, my laptop has been plagued with issues. I dunno if my laptop is a faulty piece. I still have to figure that out

Spartan likes this.
  5. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    you don't seem to understand do you? did you even read my post?

6. Addicted2GamZz

Reputations:
    i never buy laptops from a US website, as i rather buy from UK, as it would cost a bit if i had to send it to US, if there is problems

7. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    again, you did not read my post well. I said, the MSI laptops comes standard with a 1 year global warranty which covers shipping costs both ways should anything go wrong.

Do not expect any answers from me after this message. Buy it from wherever you wish.

8. Blue Hazard

Reputations:
    I'm not blaming msi support. I never did. But the issue is that after a few hours, the gpu switches to v2.0. and then I've gotta run ddu, install the drivers again.
    I probably mentioned before how terribly my laptop performed on 3DMARK TIme Spy benchmark. I'm uploading an image now. It got a graphic test 1 score of 12.05fps and graphic test 2 score of 10.49. Overall score is 2014. Compare it online and I saw that a 970M laptop got 9000 something. like how is that possible. even if the gpu was running in pcie x16 v2.0, this is horrible performance. Phoenix, anyone knows what is causes this? Any help will be hugely appreciated. 3DMARK TimeSpy (2).png

9. Addicted2GamZz

Reputations:
    i apologize, if the laptop doesn't have good cooling, it's the manufacter to blame, not the website who sells the computer

10. Blue Hazard

Reputations:
    the laptop has excellent cooling. however, if you brought it from an online retailer, you could apply diamond thermal paste or a superior quality thermal paste, and that would help bring the temps down by 4-5 degrees or more compared to the stock paste. this will reduce the load on the fans, increasing the life of the fans and the laptop as a whole. also, you will get better performance from your cpu and gpu, as cooler temps mean better performance.