The Official MSI GT73VR Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    my pleasure bro. you are very easy to work with and smart which made my job easier :)

enjoy your beast

2. Maineiac12

Maineiac12 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Or try .105 for less aggressive and an advanced fan curve that isn't broke.

3. Blue Hazard

Blue Hazard Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes I'm using the latest drivers.
    does it matter which software I use to overclock. Anyways, the computer refuses to overclock with any software. The card is running in PCIE x16 v2.0,instead of v3.0(I checked in gpu-z), and gpu core clock is stuck at 1556Mhz and Gpu mem clock is stuck at 810Mhz. I tried msi afterburner too, but it didn't overclock with that too. I tried to make the card run in pcie x16 v3.0, but it refuses to do. I don't know why.

4. Addicted2GamZz

Addicted2GamZz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

5. Shehary

Shehary Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Do you have .105 EC Firmware...?

Card is running in PCIE x16 v2.0,instead of v3.0 something new with GT73VR...no one ever reported such problem...MSI support is your best option....

No it doesn't matter unless you are not using 2 OC software which do same job side by side....if you have Dragon Center active and using After Burner too....Dragon center most probably will not let After Burner to OC the GPU....

6. Maineiac12

Maineiac12 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes. It came on my 6RF with August build date. I posted a download link maybe 200 pages back.

7. Shehary

Shehary Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I will search the thread but if the posted link is MSI support page...it will be useless now...I also have August built but mine came with .106

8. Addicted2GamZz

Addicted2GamZz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    why is no-one answering my posts?

9. Shehary

Shehary Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No MSI support is not garbage and this laptop doesn't have any big issue or problem out of the box...

10. Blue Hazard

Blue Hazard Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I forgot to mention something. Yesterday I contacted nvidia and their agent told me to uninstall the drivers with ddu, and she gave me a link to download a driver. So I did and the gpu started running in pcie x16 v3.0. I tested out GTA 5 and got 90+fps on maxed out settings. Pretty great. After a few hours of gaming, the laptop suddenly decides to revert to pcie x16 v2.0, resulting in a sharf drop in fps. I went to the nvidia control panel and noticed that the driver was 378.77, which hasn't been released yet. The latest driver for gtx1080 is the 378.66, which was released on feb 14. Surprising. Anyways, right now I'm gonna run ddu and install the drivers with the link i was provided. If the problem appears again I dunno what to do. After paying $2900, I'm very dissapointed.
    Probably flashing the bios and vbios will work. Will that void the warranty? Or maybe I should try a clean reinstall of windows

In my case, it does.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2017