The Official MSI GT73VR Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    I do consider $1100 a fair price, but I'd also like to know what the cheapest i7-8750H + 1660 Ti laptop would cost you.

Going into this new 2020 generation of consoles with their legit octo-core Ryzen CPUs, having a quad core is going to be a big weak point when it comes to the system requirements of the future PC ports.

Not being obsolete on day one is as just as, if not more important than getting a good price.

Kurt Russell likes this.
  2. Kurt Russell

Kurt Russell Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i7-8750h + gtx 1070 are $1600 more or less and these are openbox item. brand new laptop are so expensive the reach almost $2000.. here the link of the shop in our country :)
    https://benstore.com.ph/229-msi

EDIT: here are the openbox item website
    https://openbox.com.ph/28-msi

and i was leaning on the msi gt73vr 7re titan-426 because it has good cooling system and i dont need to worry about it since i'm living in a tropical country hahaha..

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  3. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Man, I wish you had jumped on that 8750H + GTX 1060 (no idea if they had a 1070) 15" + 16 GB RAM deal for $850 last winter :( You would have been all over that (this was only from USA Walmart, though).

Kurt Russell likes this.
  4. Kurt Russell

Kurt Russell Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    well last year i still dont know about laptop and other stuff thats why i havent search or read review and watch youtube tutorials. but around june this year when my class start i feel like i need a strong laptop for my school works because i do programming, video/sound editing, web making, movies and gaming(the last two are extra only :D)

so right now i was like searching all over the internet, reading review and comment, looking for some opinion, watching youtube reviews..

but still black friday is coming and winter so maybe there will be rtx gpu with 9th gen cpu will be on sale.. just need to be patient :)

hmscott likes this.
  5. Danny__L

Danny__L Newbie

Reputations:
    Can any of you open the Realtek HD Audio Manager? If so, what version of Realtek drivers are you using?

I've tried to fix this issue for hours but I can't figure out what's wrong. My Task Manager shows that Realtek HD Audio Manager is running but I don't have the icon for it in my taskbar. When I try to open it from Program Files>Realtek>Audio>HDA>RtkNGUI64.exe, I get the window down in my taskbar but it's like broken and won't maximize. The pic below shows how this little piece of the window is the only thing that pops up, clicking anywhere on it just minimizes it back down.
    [​IMG]
    I've tried uninstalling the Realtek driver and installing other ones. Even tried the ones off of the GT73VR 7RE support page. Still isn't working. I think I read that new drivers that came with Windows updates don't work with the Audio Manager but I can't even get the window to open with older drivers.

Any help would be appreciated.

6. Djadit

Djadit Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Im using for gt73vr on the website msi . Old driver still worked . No update audio driver for gt73vr

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

7. Danny__L

Danny__L Newbie

Reputations:
    I have another question. I'm debating getting an external monitor, preferably 120hz or 144hz. Does the HDMI output support those refresh rates? If so, do any of you know of any monitors that support those refresh rates through HDMI? Or is my only option for those refresh rates through Thunderbolt or DisplayPort? Do most 120/144hz monitors support those refresh rates through Thunderbolt or DisplayPort?

8. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Those refresh rates are not supported with HDMI, so if you want to obtain those refresh rates then TB/DisplayPort must be used.

9. Rengsey R. H. Jr.

Rengsey R. H. Jr. I Never Slept

Reputations:
    Do anyone know if a 18" 4K LCD work with this model?

10. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    How could it possibly fit?