The Official MSI GT73VR Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey guys, so I contacted MSI about a noisy GPU fan. They said I have to send my gt73 to them and blah blah but I told them I could fix it and if they could send the gpu fan to me and if I could purchase a cpu fan at the same time. but no one got back to me, they just sent me an rma number. I swear some people on here had this issue and msi sent them the fans

2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Call MSI support and try again.

3. Fridgeboy

Reputations:
    They told me to email a guy named tom lol

Rengsey R. H. Jr. likes this.
  4. Rengsey R. H. Jr.

Rengsey R. H. Jr. I Never Slept

Reputations:
    Where are you located ? I have a pair that I probably can sell to you.

5. Fridgeboy

Reputations:
    I'm in Montreal.

I will let you know, they are trying to tell me my laptop is out of warranty. Bought it dec 29th, 2016 and then got the 3 month extended warranty. So I should be covered until march 29th 2019

6. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    MSI should 100% send you the fans, but if they don't, just an FYI you can buy them on eBay.

They sent me a fan back in the day, I think it was either for my GT70 or 72. But I've learned that MSI USA is far more pliable than other branches.

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Tom is in charge of NB parts sales so he will sell the fan to you since that's what you are requesting. Warranty may not cover sending parts to you but you can try to talk your way through tech support (but not Tom).
    You can go with warranty route if you show proof of purchase, but the issue is they would require you to send the system in to recevie warranty service.

8. Djadit

Djadit Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nahimicvr is gone.
    I tried install again and change version. But still gone
    Anyone has experience this problem?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

9. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Try the guide hacktrix compiled.

10. Union Jack

Union Jack Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi all,

Looking for some advice to do with my MSI GT73EVR 7RE Titan. In the past week or two it suddenly seems to have developed an issue with high CPU temps and loud fans. CPU Temperatures are frequently in the 70s just during normal use/web browsing/writing in Open Office, and if I try and play something like Total War: Rome 2 (which isn't exactly a new game,) it's going up into the mid 80s with Dragon Centre telling me the CPU fans are going at over 3300 RPM which looks (and sounds) like a lot.

I've done an external inspection and there's no sign of the intakes being blocked. Haven't opened it up as worried about voiding the warranty as it has a factory sealed sticker over one of the screws. It's also Spring in southern UK, so it's not like the ambient temperatures are particularly high either.

I only bought the computer October last year brand new, so it's not even a year old and I wouldn't expect to be having issues.

Also don't know if it's relevant, but I've previously with this computer heard a high pitched slightly oscillating tone when the fans were going fast, but I figured that was just the regular sound. Now I'm not so sure.

So basically is there any remedy I can do to fix this myself, other things I should look for? Or should I just go ahead and contact the warranty people as I'm still under warranty? Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks.

All the Best,

Union Jack.