The Official MSI GT73VR Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Aug 16, 2016.

1. whynotloveme

whynotloveme Newbie

Reputations:
    I’m happy as a new member of this forum that so many are giving me feedback to solve my problems!
    Did the DDU in safe mode with driver signing disabled,
    I was able to play a few games afterwards until my next crash...
    ”SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED”
    Well freckin...
    Trying to solve that out now

2. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The EC won't even flash with the MSI flasher to begin with. The flasher won't allow an unsigned EC for that system to flash so it wouldn't even matter if he tried. Plus, according to SVET, MSI's EC has a backup protection which will flash a backup if something fails (the backup is contained embedded in the main system Bios).

Now, taking an ENE adapter (usually hooks to the device via a special interface through a SPI flasher, through a device that allows communicating with the keyboard controller) and force flashing the GT75 EC, yeah. That's a brick :)

3. low9

low9 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    IMO, it's a good idea to say to a beginner (giving the question, no offense) to not cross flash between device. A lot of device have protection. Some doesn't have. I'm active on XDA developper and I see a lot of questions like this one. No Cross flash between device (laptop, Android device etc) is a basic thing. When you know what you're doing, you may do it sometimes but that's another question.

A common mistake is to think that device that are almost the same giving the specs are the same. And that's not true with all due respect :)

4. Ivan994

Ivan994 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello guys,
    Do somebody has a problem with 6820 HK that cpu is locked to 1 GHz. I am not sure if is that a case after new win 10 update or no? It is happened twice and after reset everything is normal.

5. sirgeorge

sirgeorge Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Clear CMOS. If that doesn't solve the problem, look at HWinfo and see if any throttling reasons are lit up

Ivan994 likes this.
  6. Ivan994

Ivan994 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So far so good. Just happened twice one time during game and other time on cold power on. I check HW info and there are no reasons for throttle. As soon as I did regular restart everything back to normal.

7. Harath

Harath Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys, i have problem with ICC profile, in some games or apps there is not working, i got default icc profile which is so ugly. I got Color Profile Keeper and it helps in some games but not in all. Is there a way to make this ICC profile just default?

8. sirgeorge

sirgeorge Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Start / Colour Management / Advanced / Change System Defaults / Advanced

Tick use windows display calibration

Now go to devices / add / your ICC profile

9. tranquil911

tranquil911 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Guys,

Picked up a well priced new GT73VR 6RE (7820hk + 1070) as a plaything whilst waiting for next gen Nvidia and 8 core intel CPU's. Pleasently surprised with how well it performs with minimal changes out of the box. Only thing im not happy with is that 2x banks of ram require a complete motherboard removal to replace and that for some reason this unit came with only a singe 16gb dimm, so ive had to add another 2x8gb for dual channel purposes.

Mods:
    CPU repasted with kryonaut + new pads on the VRM's
    BIOS menu's unlocked via key combination
    Power + Current limits increased
    POWERID update to 330w/1080 sku

Current state:
    CPU @ 4.8 with a +100 adaptive offset - will tune for static when i get a chance
    GPU @ 200/100 - time to buy a hw flasher

Firestrike:
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/27345232

Cinebench:
    GT73VR_cinebench1056_rs.jpg

Cooling system on this thing is fantastic & would love to see these beasty 12v fans fitted to Clevo's!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  10. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Someone's been doing their homework!

tranquil911 and raz8020 like this.