The Official MSI GT73VR Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    So @Ivan994 how are your CPU core temps now?

2. Patrick Star

Patrick Star Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Wait, can 7820HK Use it?
    Since it only says skylake inthe forum

3. Shehary

Shehary Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Falkentyne can silent option be used with 7th Gen ?

4. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    Yes, CPU doesn't matter. It's the same chipset. CM236 vs CM238 doesn't matter. Remember same EC can be used too (17A1EMS1.109 works on your laptop since 17a1ems1.108 does too. Just don't try 17a1ems1.112, that one has a CPU=800 mhz throttle if you pass 330W....).
    Have you tried 17A1EMS1.109? It's been embedded in every Bios since .313 but MSI won't release it. they probably forgot they made it.

I have silent option running at startup even though I'm not even using auto fans when gaming...

Attached Files:

Shehary likes this.
  5. Shehary

Shehary Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Patrick Star , an expert answered your question and yes Silent Option will work with 7th Gen.

No bro, I haven't tried .109, don't have much time to play with laptop, no gaming either, work over loaded, will try it when have free time, possible after few weeks.

6. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    the structure is more similar to .112 than .108, but there is no >330W 800 mhz throttle since it still has to allow for the 460W SLI configuration.

.108 has this in the battery cancer power limits strings:

EmSD=1.EmSD=0.AC_Out.AC_In.SusOn=H.Batt_Out.Batt_In.BattThrottleST = 1.BattThrottleST = 0.BattCurrThlFlag = 1.BattCurrThlFlag = 0.BattCurrentCrtFlag = 1

.109 has these in the battery cancer limits throttle strings:
    EmSD=1.EmSD=0.AC_Out.AC_In.SusOn=H.Batt_Out.Batt_In.BATT_OFF.BattThrottleST = 1.BattThrottleST = 0.BattCurrThlFlag = 1.BattCurrThlFlag = 0.BattCurrentCrtFlag = 1

Same exact CPU protection unfortunately:
    CPU_CrtT = 1.CPU_ThtlT = 1.CPU_ThtlT = 0.SYS_CrtT = 1.SYS_ThtlT = 1.SYS_ThtlT = 0

(CrtT=Current or Critical (?), Thtl=Throttle)
    Notice there is no "0" for CPU Current and system current?
    and you can't hex edit it in either or you get a nice brick from a failed checksum.

7. Shehary

Shehary Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    what you mean by power limit in .108, where it is limiting the power, CPU ?

8. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    Makes the VRM's shut off if the CPU is drawing too much amps. All of the EC's have that.
    If it's set to 0 then it doesn't happen but it has to be decompiled, changed, recompiled and checksums recalculated!!

9. Ivan994

Ivan994 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    They are perfect! Even better now after almost two weeks. I will send you test, just i am installing Gears of war 4 right now, as soon as I finish I will send you test. I did cinebench yesterday and It was 1-2 C core difference :) :)

10. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    That's good news. I'm glad you trusted me and my testing. I bet you're extremely happy with your much cooler running laptop. It's just difficult to get people to look at issues like this because laptops are not like desktops; the parts that do not use aftermarket parts (heatsinks, screws, etc) are not easily attainable, because they are not designed to be sold to end users. Unlike RAM, disk drives, etc. It's actually easier to obtain replacement LCD monitor panels than it is to get a spare heatsink (although MSI does have a parts department if you contact the correct number, but only fans are usually available from the USA. Heatsinks have to be shipped from China...)

Ivan994 likes this.