***The Official MSI GT72 Dominator Pro (GTX-980M) Owner?s Lounge***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Oct 7, 2014.

1. JoJo215

JoJo215 Newbie

Reputations:
    Kickback, Look into the MSI GT72 Dragon Pro. In my opinion it is thbest value!! By all means if 3 or 4 Gs is nothing to yuo than just grab the best of the best. BUT, for me, the $3,000 was a line a didn't want to cross, The Dragon Pro I got for $2,599 from Newegg, GTX980, 24gb RAM, 270gb SSD, 1TB HD, 4870 HQ CPU @2,50Hz. After literallly spending hours a day reading specs for 5 months (an entiremonth focused on GT72) when I saw this it was almosot to good to be true, in my situation it was perfect!!!!! The only negative was the screen, whcih can be changed I believe, but i'm glad I got the Matte Screen becausee I actuallyy love it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

2. JoJo215

JoJo215 Newbie

Reputations:
    EXENHERO , Personally when I saw the Dragon Pro it was LOVE at first site!!! It was by far the only Model I found that had EVERYTHING I wanted/needed (NO CONSETIONS!!!) and managed to stay under 2600 from Newegg. Do keep in mind, I am a person that has never bought a laptop, EVER! I'm huge into Android, Tablets, Phones, watches, basically every otherpiece of technology. I did all my work and reviews via Tablets and only ever used a PC to program. So i guess what I think means squaat..... but I am very happy and after wanting a high end Gaming Laptop for10 years I have thousands of hours in research with no experience. NONE THE LESS I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER or MORE IMPRESSED!

3. dvojinov

dvojinov Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    in case you miss it ..a new bios is released :

BIOSLanguageEnglishRelease
    Date2015-03-24
    VersionE1781IMS.10RFile Size2.92 MBFile
    DescriptionDisplay Item "CPU C state" and "Intel SpeedStep"(EIST) in BSU for USB 3.1

4. JoJo215

JoJo215 Newbie

Reputations:
    ty

5. dvojinov

dvojinov Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    doesn't work for me ...keyboard became unresponsive after the bios update is initiated and the laptop restart it self it comes back in bios and hangs there .I'm not able to press anything

Got it to work , my procedural error :)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  6. dvojinov

dvojinov Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    FYI DRAGON CENTER has been updated too :)

Utility Title MSI Dragon Gaming Center
    OS Win8.1 64 Language English
    Release Date 2015-02-04 Version 1.0.1501.1201
    File Size 13.06 MB File Download

7. Fourskim

Fourskim Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Unfortunately I'm having noobert problems. When I download the bios files all i get are 3 text files and 1 other file. Msi's website's directions for flashing these sorts of things is broken and I have no idea how to do it. How can I update my bios? I have a gt72 dominator (non pro).

8. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    1. Yes, since it gives you a full restore disc in case you want to return the system to stock settings.
    2. It works great and is sufficient, but not the best since there are a lot of good ones (paid). Go to control panel -> system security -> file history -> lower left corner (system image backup), run it and backup the entire drive. It supports DVDRW, external hdd, or network folder.

9. Magnus Tangen

Magnus Tangen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys, I need some help. I got my first blue screen (driver_irql_less_or_equal) while idling in Windows, just after quitting a game.

What could be the cause? The computer is almost brand new, recovery not too long ago.

10. dvojinov

dvojinov Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Well the TXT files are links to the guideline and upgrade SOP .
    the one "other" file is the actual bios

You should extract the bios on some USB stick best root ..keep it clean only with this bios file on it
    my advice remove all other external USB HDD's that you might have to avoid confusion.
    Shut down windows with holding SHIFT+SHUTDOWN from windows
    Turn ON your laptop holding DELETE all the time until you enter BIOS
    In Bios find a section which gives you the BIOS UPGRADE OPTION , plug in your USB holding the BIOS file ..point it to it when asked and follow all other instructions ...done .