***The Official MSI GT72 Dominator Pro (GTX-980M) Owner?s Lounge***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Jzyftw

Jzyftw Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The clock was oscillating between ~1070 and 1126 MHz during the whole benchmark

2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
  3. Jzyftw

Jzyftw Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I know, these are the stock boost frequencies. What I mean is that with +160 on the core freq and no overvolting, I get a stable frequency of 1286 MHz, while with a +170 MHz o/c and overvolting, my gpu runs at stock frequencies

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  4. dragonwolf8504

dragonwolf8504 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't know if it's just me, I could be paranoid, but lately whenever I play my games, the screen flickers when quitting the game. It's almost like the graphic drivers froze and responded really quickly. No popups, temps are fine. No overclock of any kind. No flickering during normal runs. Running 344.75. I hope it's something that has been happening and and I just now noticed it and just paranoid, and not something getting ready to fail. Anyone have this issue?

Note: The biggest obvious time when this happens is when I play Farming Simulator 15. According to MSI afterburner's OSD it seems the game uses OGL. Not DX11 or such. Would this have something to do with things?

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It could be the card clocking down from high 3d to 2d.

6. Marcelosiciliano

Marcelosiciliano Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I tried svl7 VBIOS and i found that it is highly unstable under over clock and it scored much lower than prema VBIOS on 3dMark

7. -=$tR|k3r=-

-=$tR|k3r=- Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Which model GT72 do you have...... it this with 880M Kepler, or 980M Maxwell? Just curious, because I am wondering if svl7 supports Maxwell architecture.

:)

8. Marcelosiciliano

Marcelosiciliano Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have the 980m. I used svl7 980m OC edition, but its a terrible VBIOS to overclock. With Prema VBIOS I have better overclock, but my 980m run hotter

9. -=$tR|k3r=-

-=$tR|k3r=- Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yeah, I wasn't sure if svl7 supported the 980M yet, and I know Svet hasn't worked on Maxwell Vbios optimization yet. Thx!

:)

10. JoJo215

JoJo215 Newbie

Reputations:
    First laptop ever, GT72 Dragon Pro, I've read this forum beginning to end twice. Thanks for the help. I am trying to learn everything I can and put this thing thru its paces. Absolutely in awe even 2 weeks in.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk