*** The Official MSI GT63 TITAN Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Judrick

Judrick Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yea I’m thinking about getting the GT75. It has a better cooling system I’m told. IBUYPOWER is cheapest plus for 40 bucks they repaste it with kryonaught grizzly before they ship it to me. It would be my first MSI. I’m not educated on their warranty. Are they good with customer service? Are their products top end? One thing that makes no sense, from what I heard, they void the warranty when you open up the laptop. What’s the point in having m.2 SSD slots if i can’t install them?

2. Michael Nero

Michael Nero Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This is my first MSI as well, so I don’t have any experience with their customer service. I purchased mine from HIDevolution, and I can tell you that their customer service is phenomenal.

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  3. adoublearonn

adoublearonn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the GT63 Titan-048. Anyone having issues with the HDMI audio not working? After I plug in an HDMI cable I have to reboot to get the TV output as an audio choice. If I unplug and then plug the HDMI back in, I have to reboot again because the output goes away. I tried a fresh install of the NVIDIA and Realtek drivers.

4. JNogueira

JNogueira Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

Just got one GT63 Titan 8RG from MSI directly as a result of a GT72VR RMA.
    Answering to @adoublearonn, I tested the HDMI port several times and zero problems, but I had to set the audio output default unit to HDMI on the audio panel. This solved the problem.
    Now I will have HDMI as default audio and video output whenever I plugin the cable and reverts back by default to the laptop speakers when unplugged.

Regarding performance I am extremely satisfied with the jump from i7 7700HQ + GTX1070 to i7 8750h + GTX1080. It is a world of difference, specially after BIOS tune-up as suggested on GT75 thread by Falkentyne.

cinebench r15 cpu test gave me 1218. What is the result that you get on your laptops?

Regarding temperatures, CPU full load for 1 hour, never crossed 85ºC and the medium temperatures are around 75ºC with cooler boost enabled. After repasting, this will improve for sure.

I am happy with this laptop considering that it is significantly smaller when compared to GT75.

Cheers all

5. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    What are your GPU temps when gaming?

6. JNogueira

JNogueira Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I will have time this weekend to test that extensively with AC: Origins and some less heavy other games.

I will share the results during the WE

raz8020, Pedro69 and yrekabakery like this.
  7. JNogueira

JNogueira Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Here is a quick test with AC: Origins. I will do more over the weekend. Ambient temperature 27ºC

[​IMG]

Pedro69 likes this.
  8. Pedro69

Pedro69 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    In your next test try using hwinfo64 stats instead HWMonitor.

JNogueira likes this.
  9. JNogueira

JNogueira Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

More 10 minutes of gaming.

Pedro69 likes this.
  10. Pedro69

Pedro69 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    How much is your cpu undervolt?