*** The Official MSI GT63 TITAN Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Captainfall

Captainfall Newbie

Reputations:
    I suspect a corrupt firmware too. I have contacted MSI Support. Waiting for their reply. Thank you

2. captaincranium

captaincranium Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Donald@HIDevolution ; @Pureownuge69
    Yeah its been kinda frustrating because those almost seem like close to stock temps now without doing any modifications. Like I said, when i first received the laptop temps were low but they have gradually went up and up WITH liquid metal, fujipoly pads, and a slight BIOS undervolt. I don;t take my lappy anywhere but around the house and even then it is docked on a cooling pad most of the time. I haven't undervolted anything myself since HIDevolution did an undervolt through the BIOS of -50mv so I didn't want to mess with anything throttlestop wise.

Did you undervolt using Throttle stop or IXU or straight through Bios as well pureownuge69?

Pureownuge69 likes this.
  3. Pureownuge69

Pureownuge69 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yeah, would definitely bother me too My CPU is undervolted in the BIOS, and the GPU is undervolted via MSI Afterburner.

Also, that is certainly still better than stock.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

4. captaincranium

Reputations:
    Does anyone have the bottom lid mod with the two extra holes cut in it that they would like to sell? I "think" i figured out what my thermal problem was and might be software related. Will do more testing this weekend. But just wondering if anyone is willing to part with their bottom lid case mod

Thanks

5. Pureownuge69

Reputations:
    Out of curiosity, you believe your thermal issues to be a result of your software configuration, but would like a hardware mod to verify? What do you believe is the cause? I unfortunately do not have this part, I will be making a modified bottom case myself in future (am relatively experienced with modding laptops and general handy work).

6. captaincranium

Reputations:
    Yeah thats right BUT you know most of us here and temps lol So I am still interested in the mod just for the sake of any temp drops. Everything is pretty much resolved on my end (Dragon Center issue apparently) but if i can shave off some more degrees with a simple thing like the bottom panel mod, then great!

Pureownuge69 likes this.
  7. Pureownuge69

Reputations:
    Fair enough I can never stop tinkering either

captaincranium likes this.
  8. captaincranium

Reputations:
    Couple more questions for you all....Does Dragon Center mess with Throttle stop? If i applied an undervolt with Throttlestop and set it to run automatically with task scheduler on every start up, would Dragon Center interfere with it?

And if so, and this might be an old question so I apologize, does MSI Silent Option work with the GT63VR? I have the 1080 nvidia model with the 8750....I mainly use Dragon Center just to control fan speed and temps.

Thanks all

9. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Skylake version of MSI Silent option works on all Skylake and newer BGA books.
    (I do not know if it works with 9th gen versions or not. Depends on the embedded controller).

captaincranium likes this.
  10. captaincranium

Reputations:
    @Falkentyne Thank ya kind sir! Would you recommend i just ditch Dragon Center and just use Silent Option and Throttle stop then for some undervolting?