*** The Official MSI GT63 TITAN Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Specv89

Specv89 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Here's some pics and and a quick video I made of thermals while playing Anthem. Figured it would be a good combination of gpu/cpu usage since the game isn’t really well optimized.

https://imgur.com/a/mu7Vie6

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    Pureownuge69 likes this.
  2. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Sure, we can sell you that mod...but if we don't use your bottom panel we would have to order one, which could take 4-6 weeks.

Call me and I will help walk you through the signature building process.

captaincranium likes this.
  3. Specv89

Reputations:
  4. Pureownuge69

Pureownuge69 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Can you confirm the specific model number of the fan you installed to replace the original installed from factory? An image of the original OEM fan (sticker side showing model) next to that of the replacement would be greatly appreciated.

Was it a Aavid Thermalloy PABD19735BM -N322?

Was contemplating making this change myself, but my concern is that the earlier revision of the fan used in the GT62VR was prone to failure. The fan is not my concern, but rather its potential to damage the motherboard.

Is it considerably louder than the OEM fan at when operating at maximum RPM?

5. Specv89

Reputations:

Will try and get some pics up sometime today. From what I see, they had the same part numbers "PABD19735BM-N395 and yes it was an AAVID Thermally only difference was the barcode on the backside.

Was plug and play for me. From the forums over at the Eurocom Tornado f5 threads the
    LRHKF Asus ROG G750JH G750JH-DB71 series AB08812HX26DB00(00G750) 4pins was also recommended but depending and what variant you get may require rewire and slight modification to make it fit. Same connector though just shuffling around the wires.

As far as noise, yes, it is considerably louder but you can max it out to match the other fan so its about the same at about 70%ish but at least its good know you have a little headroom for extra cooling.

6. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I got an extra modded bottom cover from HID Evolution if anyone's interested, just PM me.
    Europe only tho.

7. Haggbart

Haggbart Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi!

I apologize if this is the wrong forum to ask, so please delete my post if inappropriate.

I'm strongly considering getting a GT63, and the only thing holding me back is I hear some people complain about dodgy build quality on some MSI-laptops, especially the screen hinges. I'm used to my old ASUS ROG (which is a solid 9,5 pounds, built like a tank and has lasted for 5 years with no problems), and the Titan-series looks really solid on pictures as well. But I have to buy it online (Norway), so I'm not going to be able to try before I buy, so therefore I'm I hope some of you GT63 owners can offer some useful feedback on build quality. Thanks!

8. Pureownuge69

Pureownuge69 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi,

I must say that it strange to hear that MSI is being referenced for poor build quality in any scenario. With the obvious exception of manufacturing defects, I have never heard any complaints. That said, if you go searching for negative feedback, you will certainly find it.

But do keep in mind that a majority of those that purchase MSI laptops and have a positive experience, will go about their lives without posting anything.

After owning my GT63 for a little over a year, I am very happy with the build quality. And it is largely superior to my previous Clevo in every way. The hinges are just as firm as the day the laptop arrived on my doorstep.

Obviously if you take care of it, it will last you for many years to come. If you expect to throw it in a backpack, smash it into walls, drop it on the floor and then complain about build quality, you deserve the outcome.

Just my thoughts though. All commentary is obviously relative to experience, and mine has certainly been a positive one. If you do buy it, you won't be disappointed

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

9. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Build quality is not very good. Materials are very fragile and thin. Nuts on the hinges, I would recommend to loosen, if the cover will open up hard. This will protect the hinge attachment and the cover from future deformation. I did it right away with buying a laptop.
    the plastic on the lid creaks when opened and closed. Also, the fans in these laptops are not of the best quality. They make a strange sound and often fail, just stop working. Therefore, many users install here fans from Asus. In addition, the heat sinks may be uneven, which causes overheating and throttling of the processor. These are the main flaws that I found in my GT62.

10. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Consultant

Reputations: