*** The Official MSI GT63 TITAN Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Apr 3, 2018.

1. B0B

B0B Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I’m surprised this machine is running this warm.

Anyone crack open the bottom yet and have a look at the cooler?

Support.4@XOTIC PC likes this.
  2. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Would you mind taking a picture of the fans and the model number of the fan. @Donald@HIDevolution was saying MSI sourced new fan vendor this generation, proof in the pudding. Would love to see if we have a better option for replacement fans as the previous GT62/16L13 fans are abysmal quality

3. africanleopard

africanleopard Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does any-one have the MSI GT Series GT63 TITAN-047? I am interested in the thermals under gaming. It has the GTX1070. I am hoping this runs cooler? The GTX 1080 is a beast ;-).

I am planning on buying a stock machine as a FYI. I am not US based and factoring in the exchange rate/customs and import duties/additional warranties its going to be ridiculously expensive...

4. Michael Nero

Michael Nero Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just received my system from @hidevolution and I am very impressed! Although it does run a bit warmer than I would like, but that could be due to using it on a glass table. I am away from home on business , so I didn’t bring my cooling pad with me...

The only game I tested was State of Decay 2 and I’m getting about 95 Celsius on the CPU and 90 Celsius on the GPU. With Cooler Boost on the CPU drops down to about 90 and the GPU 85. The gameplay does not seem to be effected at all, so I’m not too concerned.

Does anybody know where to find the original version of Dragon Center 2.0 that shipped with the system? I really like being able to monitor system information on my phone while I played games, but it recently updated and that functionality was broken for me at least.

5. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Did you order a custom repaste job from HIDevolution? The system should never run this hot if they repasted it and they would have checked it for you. If you're using the stock MSI "Lairdtech" paste, then those temps are standard fare.

6. Michael Nero

Michael Nero Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I ordered it with gc extreme and fujipoly thermal pads. Like I said Im not too worried about it, because the system works great. It could just be because it’s being used flat on a glass table. I’ll have to use it some more when I get home and check again.

Phoenix likes this.
  7. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Dragon Center v2.2.1806.0501

After downloading the file, right click on it, go to properties, then click UNBLOCK from the bottom right then hit apply then OK before you extract it otherwise all the files that you'd extract will have a blocked status causing issues

Michael Nero likes this.
  8. adoublearonn

adoublearonn Newbie

Reputations:
    I just saw your post. I replaced the SSD and happened to take pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/QZJ1V0d

hfm likes this.
  9. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Those definitely APPEAR to be the same fans. Same housing and fan blade (same notches in the center, blade shape, housing style). Will be hard to know for sure without the model number (it's on the bottom of the fan, you'd have to remove it).

Thanks for that. I'll assume these are the same fans that fail relentlessly as it doesn't appear to be from a different company or a new model fan. Hard to be 100% sure though.

10. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations: