*** The Official MSI GT63 TITAN Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Pureownuge69

Pureownuge69 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    It is never a good idea to over tighten screws on anything. You may have noticed when disassembling the laptop that the screws where not torqued exceedingly tight, and required only moderate force to remove them (by hand). It can be difficult to gauge, but I usually torque screws till the point only moderate force is required to remove them again. If you over tighten, you can strip the threads, the screw head or worse (this has happened to me personally) shear the screw head off entirely.

You will have noticed a substance on the screws that resembles blue paint. This is Nylok threadlocker. Its intended purpose is to prevent screws from gradually loosening over time from vibrations etc, whilst still allowing for the removal of screws moderately torqued by hand. So there is no need to excessively tighten. Once it feels secure and tight by hand, tighten no further ;)

Being an ingrained fear, I have replaced the standard Black Zinc Laptop Machine Screws (M2 X 4MM) (Wafer Head) on my GT63 8RG with superior stainless steel (316 Grade) pan head alternatives (GPU). See screws circled in the image below IMAG1520.jpg

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    steberg, Pedro69, Agatio and 2 others like this.
  2. Agatio

Agatio Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the info again. I opened it again and made the screws "fingertight", but the GPU screws were quite tight even originally, and now the screw heads are almost not usable anymore.

I had a great idea of slapping a few thermal pads on top of the CPU heatsink, and when I tried the temps in Furmark + its CPU burner, the CPU stayed at 96 which is not good. I opened the laptop again and took them off. Now the temps stay at max 89 on those, and don't climb so quickly

Pureownuge69 likes this.
  3. Pureownuge69

Pureownuge69 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    @Falkentyne I currently have my CPU under-volted (Throttlestop) by -135mv. I have been doing a bit of reading on Load Line configuration (still not confident in its use) and am wondering what the advantages are for using it. Can you explain how it is done and what the benefits are or point me to another resource that may be of assistance?

4. JNogueira

JNogueira Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi Guys,

Finally got a brand new DIMM for my GT63 (Samsung m471a2k43cb1-ctd).
    Fitted on Socket 3 (BIOS reports as slot 4 btw) and it is just perfect. Dual Channel working and a noticeable change on the overall system performance.

Cheers

Pureownuge69 and Pedro69 like this.
  5. kl122002

kl122002 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the same situation : Socket 3 = BIOS slot 4, Soket 4 = BIOS slot 2. You can install the RAM on either one of it and the result is just the same.

There is 1 issue actually happening on me. The right side of the touchpad gets warm very soon and a bit hot even I don't have a game running. Is it normal ?

6. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, it is normal

[​IMG]

kl122002 likes this.
  7. kl122002

kl122002 Newbie

Reputations:
    It might sound stupid...what is this chip ?
    I have never used any gaming laptop before and this MSI GT63 is my very first one .

8. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It’s the PCH. Chipset, if I’m not mistaken

Semmy likes this.
  9. Rahego

Rahego Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone could provide serial number of fans that are used in GT63 titan?

I wonder if they're different than fans from GT62.

10. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    no, no different. still 4 pin