*** The Official MSI GT63 TITAN Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Apr 3, 2018.

1. ldcosta

ldcosta Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    anyone tryed swap the original DDR4 with 2 new ones 2x 16Gb DDR4 3200Mhz like HyperX Impact? or this processor/chipset only get the 2666Mhz like it says on manual? (I'm talking without manual OC and tweaking BIOS)?

2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Processor's fastest memory speed is 2666MHz.
    So you can insert any kind of faster memory but this just gives you the headroom to overclock. The rest is up to your processor's overclocking capability and requires BIOS tweaking.

3. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    No one has tested faster stock memory in these laptops.
    Official support is 2666 mhz maximum on 8th gen. On the GT73VR, it's 2400 mhz yet I was able to run my Kingston valueram at 2666 mhz with the unlocked Bios, no problem at all, with terrible RAM timings.(18/19/43). However the Bios has multipliers internally up to 4133 mhz. But it's your guess whether the CPU IMC will work with that, and if the Bios will accept it. One person managed to get 2800 mhz RAM working on the GT73VR, but attempts with much older Bios versions a few years back failed miserably. @hackness (I think) got an official 2666 mhz GS65 to run at 3200 mhz with 2400(!) mhz Samsung RAM.

So yes it CAN work. Will it work? I suggest you unlock your Bios (if the DDR RAM multiplier isn't available at stock), take your laptop to a local shop that sells SODIMM memory (good luck with that) and test it right then and there. Otherwise make sure you have a good return/RMA service available if you intend to test Gskill or Corsair 3200 mhz sticks.

You will most likely have to unlock the Bios, change the DDR multiplier, and increase uncore offset by 200mv in the unlocked Bios (usually under Overclocking Performance Menu).

hackness and Kevin@GenTechPC like this.
  4. hackness

hackness Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    My settings since 10/1, no BSOD or Freezing yet.

3467-1.3V-20-20-49-20-26-52782-674-9-18 Run Stable.jpg

@ldcosta
    If XMP profile can't be selected in the memory profile you may have to use Custom Profile to reach.

Pedro69, Semmy and Falkentyne like this.
  5. ldcosta

Reputations:
    Very Interesting... 3467Mhz. I have a GT63 8RG I want to get another so-dimm so I can OC the stock one to around 3200Mhz. Did you get high temps or no diference at all?!

@hackness you have 2x16gb ddr4 samsung 2666Mhz original so-dimms right? Or are you using diferent ones? (I'm having hard time trying to get an equal one)

6. hackness

hackness Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I was using GS65 Stock RAM Samsung 2400MHz 16GB x 2,

Part number is M471A2K43CB1-CRC,

M471A2K43CB1-CRC CPU-Z.PNG

M471A2K43CB1-CRC AIDA64.PNG

Edit: Regarding to the temperature, I'm not sure because these RAM don't have sensors, but my CPU and GPU temperature don't seem to be affected.

There are a few online sellers that sell them if you search using the part number.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  7. adoublearonn

adoublearonn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I love when manufacturers are out here participating in the forums and can help and provide details like this!

8. captaincranium

captaincranium Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I agree...since i had the original post about this issue i wanted to say thank you for the Killer reps (that sounded a little..."off" lol) for reaching out and clarifying this issue. Also big thanks to Donald @ HIDevolution on his quick reply and action as a reseller too....top notch!

9. Michael C Odom

Michael C Odom Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm new here, but how does one go about getting a customer bios by Svet? I would really like to know what it feels like to win as well.

10. ldcosta

Reputations:
    Update -180mV CPU and DDR4 hynix and not Samsung got 3200Mhz stable for now, probably I'll buy a HyperX Impact 16gb 3200Mhz and try too keep it stable dunno if I can get -190mV on 8750h.

Changed on intel XTU the Reference clock to 102,5Mhz still stable and a little OC on CPU/RAM :)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    hackness likes this.