*** The Official MSI GT63 TITAN Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Pureownuge69

Pureownuge69 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    If you read the initial post from @idacosta, it was mentioned that he/she would like to reduce GPU temperatures, not overvolt (which is not really worth it given thermal constraints).. In this case, my advice is still valid and using this method he/she can achieve far better results than the stock configuration.You mentioned that everyone knows about the curves - this is just an ignorant statement. Obviously not everyone knows about the Voltage/Frequency curve editor in MSI Afterburner. Proof is in the original post to which I was responding.

You should also explain yourself completely before dismissing other peoples posts and stating "this does not work on MXM cards" out of context.

Congrats on the clocks... Not a contest mate.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  2. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The initial post had too much information in it at once.
    Someone wanted to UNLOCK THE GPU VOLTAGE.
    That's where I replied saying that the edit is "Supposed" to unlock the GPU voltage--this works on desktop Pascal cards--but it does "unlock" the slider on laptops but the slider doesn't work.
    It's the same problem as unlocking the "temperature target adjustment" and having it do nothing. The slider appears but does absolutely nothing. I'm not even sure if changing the throttling temp works either (aka Performance Limit-Thermal). I'm not talking about the -13 mhz every 6C drop--that's hardcoded and cannot be removed even on desktop cards.

This was discussed back in the "Pascal bios editor" thread on the Clevo section.

3. ldcosta

ldcosta Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi all!

I've tested -0,170V on CPU and got this without crashes so far:

[​IMG]

I've tested GPU curve yesterday and could get this stabble on GTA V but only hit 1911Mhz for a few seconds, but get stable on 1898Mhz

[​IMG]

got this temps and only got 1911Mhz with 0,963V couldn't get higher clock with lower Voltage on GTA V, didn't have time to test other games. (+200Mhz on memory too)

[​IMG]

Thank you all for the help given!
    I'm really appreciated!

PS: It's a He not a She! :)

Pureownuge69 likes this.
  4. Pureownuge69

Pureownuge69 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Nice results I'm glad my posts were of some help. Wasn't sure so I just included both

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

5. ldcosta

Reputations:
    Now I only need to tweak the bios do OC the RAM clock, how can I get the advanced BIOS options to OC the DDR4 module? (its been kind of difficult to get the Samsung DDR4 like the original one, MSI asks for 300€)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  6. Killer_Networking

Killer_Networking Company Representative

Reputations:
    The E2400 and E2500 are extremely similar. They both provide up to 1 Gbps Ethernet speeds and both use the same driver, which can cause Windows to sometimes show the E2400 instead of the E2500.

The primary difference between the two is the feature set as it relates to the Killer Control Center. When using Doubleshot Pro, only the E2500 can use the "Priority Routing" option, which allows you to specify the which priorities use which adapter. The E2400 uses the default routing, which puts all priority 6 traffic on Wi-Fi, and 1-5 on Ethernet. If there are two Ethernet adapters, it will arbitrarily pick one for all priority 6 traffic, and the other for all priority 1-5 traffic.

If you are not using Doubleshot Pro, as is the case if you are using an Intel wireless adapter, then there will be practically no difference between the E2400 and the E2500 on your system.

-- Anthony with Killer Networking

7. ldcosta

Reputations:
    Anyone tryed to OC the CPU 8750h to 4,1Ghz?! like this guy and get some improvement in games?

8. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It seems impossible. 8750H blocked at 3.9 GHz for 6 cores. 4.1 GHz only for 1 core

9. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I don't see anywhere in that video where the 8750H was OCed to 4.1GHz on all cores. Even after setting the ratios to 41 on all cores in TS FIVR, it was still running at 3.9GHz all-core in CineBench, same as stock.

10. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    besides, he even sagged up to 3.1

Falkentyne likes this.