The Official MSI GT62VR Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Talon, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    And, how about now?

Papusan likes this.
  2. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    It worked!

Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.
  3. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.
  4. Killer_Networking

Killer_Networking Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hello @Ultra Male,

We only release drivers after we have tested them to make sure they work well with our feature set, and if the driver has updates that affect the Intel device that the 1550 is based upon. The current Intel Wi-Fi driver on Intel's website for the 9260 is 20.90.7, while the current version on our website is 20.80.0.5. We have not received any complaints that indicate that there is a driver issue with the 1550. If you have had an issue with 20.80.0.5, I can certainly notify QA to test for whatever issues you are seeing, though I will need some details in order for them to duplicate the problem.

Regarding Bluetooth drivers, those are best left alone unless you are experiencing problems. Windows 10 too often has problems with Bluetooth to mess with a working setup. The drivers that we have on our website are the latest known drivers that we have tested to work well. For the most part, Windows Update will update your Intel Bluetooth drivers when Microsoft decides that it is safe to do so based upon their testing with the current version of Windows and your hardware configuration.

-- Anthony with Killer Networking

5. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    OU... There are representatives of the killer here . Are there representatives of AAVID THERMALLOY here ?? What can you say about your dying PABD19735BM fans at a price of 35-40 $ ???

6. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Take apart the fan (remove the sticker) and remove the washer and clean the spindle with Deoxit D5 before you are sure the fan died. If you have some Honda / Shin Etsu G-30M or G-40M, you can apply a very tiny amount of that for lubrication also.

Papusan likes this.
  7. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, it's not about lubrication. The fan chip is dying. It just does not start. This is a massive defect PABD19735BM . I bought new fans and one of them does not work, the master in the workshop said that it could not be restored.

Falkentyne likes this.
  8. Mornflake

Mornflake Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello gents. I have an issue with my mini DP on the GT62VR RE. The pins have got really bent somehow and I can't get output anymore to my 144hz monitor. I have tried bending them back into place and that worked before but now they seem completely ruined.

My monitor can't do 144hz over HDMI as far as I can tell.

https://gtrusted.com/check-if-your-...splay-docking-station-with-usb-power-delivery This article seems to think that on the GT62VR RE the USB C 3.1 can do video output which would allow me to get 144hz.

Has anyone tried using it for video output? I'm aware that it isn't a thunderbolt port on this laptop but from what I have read as long as it has displayport mode then it should be ok.

Any advice/adapters etc that people know of would be great! Ty!

9. all9everything

all9everything Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anyone verify if the GL62VR-7RFX uses the same chassis as the GT62vr/other 62 line variants?

I'm guessing it shares a lot of the same components but figured I would ask

10. cmb991

cmb991 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey All. I’m hoping for some major help here. I own a MSI GT62VR 6RE. I’ve upgraded my M.2 drive, added an additional SSD, but that’s it.

I play World of Warcraft BfA, and I can not for the life of me get the screen tearing/lagging to stop. Here are my settings below. I thought G-Sync was suppose to prevent that.... This has a G-Sync display and its enabled.

If anyone can figure this out, I will be in your debt forever... I’ve tried everything I can think of.

Sorry for the multiple picture posts.... It will only let me upload one picture per a thread.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019