The Official MSI GT62VR Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Talon, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Yeah. The placement on the ssd's aint the best. Exactly as the MSI barbones. Really need a ssd cooler. And put in quality NVMe ssds who don't run hot as some of them does. If the ambient is not changed, he need look other places.

Falkentyne likes this.
  2. DropZite

DropZite Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How do you clean the keyboard on this laptop? Can we just remove the keys and push it back in after removing stuff underneath it?

3. macmyc

macmyc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nope it's not that easy, afaik if you remove the keys you can easily break them. Honestly i'd use an air can, it will do most of the job without removing anything.

DropZite and Kevin@GenTechPC like this.
  4. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    As macmyc said, these keys are very easy to break because they are made of soft plastic/membrane. It's easy to break the clip while removing it, and it's difficult to put it back in.
    Additionally, if you are going to use air, use either compressed air can, or blower, but with none of heat element inside as they can be melted easily.

DropZite likes this.
  5. DropZite

DropZite Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Alright, thanks macmyc and Kevin! I'll do that instead. Good day!

macmyc and Kevin@GenTechPC like this.
  6. nasawhy

nasawhy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So I ordered one of these screens and got it installed today:
    https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/screen-part-number/N156HCE-EAA/

And I don't have the option for g-sync in nvidia control panel. I guess these don't support g-sync? Unless I'm missing something?

7. macmyc

macmyc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I really do not know, the first link you posted showed some panels that were supposed to be original, no? This doesn't seem to be used in any MSI GT62VR..

before replacing it did you have a 4k panel or 1080p ? If it was 4k you also had a vbios that wasn't gsync compatible so i guess you have to count that too

8. nasawhy

nasawhy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I did purchase from the first link I posted, I just sent the latest link by searching their site for their product # that was in the invoice. They should be the same panel, though apparently not original.

My original display is a 1080p g-sync. I will have to reach out to the supplier and see if they know any more. Thanks for the help!

macmyc likes this.
  9. nasawhy

nasawhy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I had a nice chat with someone at laptopscreen.com (where I ordered it) and he said that I got a replacement screen, not an exact original, which is required for g-sync to work. So to anyone looking to replace a g-sync display, contact the reseller and make sure it's the exact original display, not a replacement (equivalent). Luckily, laptopscreen.com has a great return policy (45 days, post-install is ok!)

Does anyone happen to have a link to an original LP156WF6 (SP) (B1) display? Hopefully that they've verified as g-sync compatible?

macmyc likes this.
  10. lightaqua

lightaqua Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i am old member, I have a question.

I need to get my computer fixed (ive posted on this before looking for solutions.) I want to send my pc into warranty, but i need my serial number for my pc.

The sticker on the bottom of my computer has lost its stick and is not there anymore. Its GONE.

I've searched around and you can find the pc's serial number in command prompt, And it says its the same serial number as the one on the back.

Is this true or not? My dad is saying it's not it, but i'm not so sure about it.