The Official MSI GT62VR Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Talon, Jul 14, 2016.

1. plee82

plee82 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Using the regular windows power profiles, is there a reason to set the profile to High Performance? Wouldn't the Balance profile have the same effect on high load games?

2. macmyc

macmyc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Not really, with current games you may not notice it yet but there is some difference. Balanced profile has lower clocks when GPU is on full load while high perfomance profile gives it an extra boost of 100-150Mhz (at least for me), it also keeps the CPU frequency at maximum possible all the time.

3. plee82

Reputations:
    Wow, didn't know this. I am guessing it is the same for the NVIDIA setting of "Optimal Performance", "Adaptive" and "Preferred Maximum Performance". The only thing that worries me about Preffered Max Performance in the NVIDIA settig is that even moving the mouse in the desktop will max clock the GPU.

4. encheels

encheels Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    And that the reason why you should not touch setting at all :)

5. plee82

Reputations:
    Omg guys I am not able to boot from USB. Th BIOS cannot see the usb hdd during boot. I even format the drive for UEFI. Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. plee82

Reputations:
    Used Windows Fresh Start tool and got a clean install without booting from USB. Undervolted to -125mv and I am afraid to go lower. This is the 7700HQ i7. Do you think I should try going lower.

Edit: holy **** -150mv and has not crashed yet

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  7. encheels

encheels Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Don't be afraid to find the lowest limits.you cannot destruct cpu this way.you should be afraid if you do overvolt.if your system freezes or so called bsod state occurs then you know that you reached the limit and go back up with your mV a bit.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  8. plee82

Reputations:
    Went all the way to -150mv with no issues stress testing with prime95. Then sc2 blue screen in 10 minutes lol so I went to -140mv. I have been stable at that voltage for 4 days now.

9. Zoigeli

Zoigeli Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

I have the MSI 16L13 and I don't own GT62VR but I thought posting this here might be better because more people probably have GT62VR. They both use the same fans for cooling which is AAVID PABD19735BM -N322. I'm interested in whether the rattling sound that my fans are making is the normal sound of these fans. It's the kind of sound that you constantly notice because it is so distinct from the normal humming.

I have a loud HP ZBook for reference recorded with the same mic. This is what I consider as a healthy humming sound of a fan. No rattling at all at any RPM, just increasingly louder humming.

ZBook fan at 20 %:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B61PUD1nXGr7MFdxNDJFenpKRlE/view?usp=sharing

16L13/gt62vr fan at 20 % (only about 1100 rpm):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B61PUD1nXGr7RzA1Q0FIWFNnbkE/view?usp=sharing

10. plee82

Reputations:
    Omg spacebar at the right edge sometimes does not register. Is this a known issue?