The Official MSI GT62VR Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Talon, Jul 14, 2016.

1. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Not officially, but we have users that have managed to migrate several generations old machines, to relatively new GPUs. So maybe we can have unofficial upgrades.

2. Derek@TecnotecPC

Derek@TecnotecPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Cool, it's possible that will have a positive benefit. If it doesn't, doing an uninstall/reinstall is different than doing a clean install. There are remnants that get left behind and can cause issues. Word on the street, as in I'd recommend, is that DDU works pretty well for that uninstall and from there you just need to install the driver like normal. I personally haven't ever had an issue pop up on any of my PC's that absolutely required a clean install but there are many people out there that after doing so their problems disappear completely.

DukeCLR likes this.
  3. DukeCLR

DukeCLR Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks again, I should have been more specific, He did use DDU as it was recommended on a Battlefield forum. He is also having other problems, sometimes the wireless adapter disappears, it boots to a black screen and the power button sometimes doesn't work, he is thinking about sending it back to Newegg as he feels if you drop 1799 on a laptop theses issues shouldn't be occurring. He understands the problems with BF1 are due to that game but along with the other problems it just a bit much for him.

4. Derek@TecnotecPC

Reputations:
    Yeah, definitely understandable. It often pays to get through a custom reseller just so you can have them run through everything and basically do a doublecheck that everything is working as it should. Normally doesn't happen with a completely stock build but something that can always be requested.

As for those problems, does seem like something is going on and the issue he's seeing may be deeper than just code. He'd probably have to get into some deep level troubleshooting to figure it out. The MSI RMA process is always an option if he feels like it but would probably take longer than just getting a new machine shipped out.

DukeCLR likes this.
  5. DukeCLR

DukeCLR Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I had a similar issue with my GT73 where the wireless adapter disappeared after a Windows 10 update but once I got rid of the Killer suite and stuck with the just driver it worked. I was hoping it was something like that. Thanks again for replies.

6. Derek@TecnotecPC

Reputations:
    No problem at all!

7. andross77

andross77 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yeah I looked at that Tornado option but it was much more expensive. I'm confident that my 6700hq and gtx 1070 will be fine for the next 3 years and by then I will have saved up money for my next gaming laptop and tech will have changed greatly by then (ultrabooks like RBS and XPS 13 with proper quadcores and much better external GPU integration).

BGA CPU/GPU is fine in that regard. Most people don't want to keep the same screen, same keyboard, same thickness, same "tired" (in a few years) design. Other people like same old, same old :)

8. andross77

andross77 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Random concern maybe no one can address mainly b/c I'm not sure how to communicate it well. So I love this screen, ESPECIALLY the brightness levels but one thing seems a bit odd: certain text can be blurry. When I'm on my browser, perfectly clear. When I'm playing a game, perfectly clear. The blurriness comes when something is getting installed, whether it be direct X or maybe a new game software (uplay, steam, origin), or mouse drivers or whatever. The little boxes that come up that tell you where to install stuff and you have to agree to the terms and condition, there is a noticeable "lack of sharpness" (I wouldn't say fuzzy).

Anyways, is that a Windows 10 thing? Is that because maybe I have my text set at 125%? (i think that's the default, i haven't changed it and haven't tried setting it back to 100% if it is at 125%). Just thought it was weird and not a big issue since as I said, all website text is great and any text in game is great. Only happens with those little install boxes that I can tell.

9. keftih

keftih Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes... change the scaling back to 100%, and increase the font size instead. For some reason the scaling is 125% which just makes blurry text.

10. andross77

andross77 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Cool just did it and I can see why default is 125%...everything is so small lol. But pin sharp, i'm just old :)