The Official MSI GT60 & GT70 Owners' Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by ViciousXUSMC, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALLurGroceries

ALLurGroceries   Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I think you hold the AltGr key and press 5 to get the Euro symbol. Either that or hold Fn, not 100% sure which it is.

2. PersianKush

PersianKush Newbie

Reputations:
    Fn was a good guess, but no cigar...

Hmm

3. abd1982

abd1982 Newbie

Reputations:
    hi.
    am using msi gt60 which has 3gb gtx670m graphic card.

i played max payne 3 on full settings and it run fine. infact I finished the game in 3 days. resource usage was around 950 mb out of total 3 gb and it ran smooth like silk.

now my problem starts with GTA 4 and Episodes from liberty city. I have installed both these games and when I try to update the graphic settings in the game it shows resource usage as 202/3026 MB and next to it is a warning " your graphic settings are near , or exceed the suggested resource limits for your system. it is recommended that you reduce your graphic settings in order to run the game optimally". so my graphics are stuck at lowest resolution and all the other settings are also at lowest.

currently using 295.62 graphic driver

someone please help me out

4. Toxictaru

Toxictaru Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is it trying to use the Intel card instead? Sounds like it.

5. KjGarly

KjGarly Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    With mine I get 45-50c when not gaming and when gaming it usually goes to 71c at highest while using turbo fan button.

GTA uses your integrated card and not your 670m and if anyone can find a fix for this I'd be really grateful :D In the meantime try adding this to your launch options in Steam for GTA 4/EFLC by right clicking on GTA in your library list and clicking on properties>set launch options.

-nomemrestrict -norestrictions

That should allow you to at least play with higher settings and resolution (GTA actually plays fine on highest settings using your integrated card)

6. abd1982

abd1982 Newbie

Reputations:
    no. i dont think so coz i see the power button turn orange. also want to tell you that yesterday i played batman arkham city on max settings and it run fine. i have also updated my driver to verde 304.79 and still get the same error in gta 4. rest all games run fine

7. steveninspiration

steveninspiration Newbie

Reputations:
    Is the GT70 gonna have the AMD HD7970m on it? It's much faster and cheaper than the GTX675m, right? So why not put it in the GT70. Is there any clue that MSI's gonna use 7970m on gt70 or the MOBO is for Nvidia only??

8. KjGarly

KjGarly Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    It is running with the integrated card, just do a benchmark test in the setting's and you'll see. Don't forget to add those launch options if your using the Steam versions of GTA4/EFLC.

9. burnie22

burnie22 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    the msi gt series are gonna stick to nvidia cards... if u want an msi with the 7970m check out the msi gx60...its nt released yet...the only problem is the amd processor..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

10. burnie22

burnie22 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    or u could go for the gt60 ONE which has the gtx680m... currently the most powerful mobile gpu..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.