The Official MSI GT60 & GT70 Owners' Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by ViciousXUSMC, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmaker

dmaker Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yeah, it did it again. It just goes right back to the start of Windows setup because, while it can write to the array, it thinks it cannot boot from it for some reason. I really don't have anymore options. I don't understand this. Windows 10 was booting fine from this array before I decided to do a fresh install. I guess I will have to try to install Windows on the mechanical drive for now.

2. dmaker

dmaker Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Actually, I think it may have worked this time. I took the Windows 10 bootable thumb drive out and it continued properly with Windows setup. I've never had to do that in the past. Setup has always marked the install volume as top of the boot order on its own. I guess it didn't this time....?

Yeah, it's working fine now. Windows 10 is installed to the raid array and I am currently updating drivers. Finally, :) Now I can get back to focusing on my CCNP-SWITCH exam.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  3. zipperi

zipperi Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Huh - I had a similar issue when installing 8.0. Stupid Windows began a new install a couple of times until I realized what's happening and removed the source disk. Got several Windows.old folders...

4. EchoWars

EchoWars Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So...you did NOT have to fuss with installing 32-bit drivers...the whole issue was that the installer saw the thumbdrive and gave up on the raid array?

If I have that wrong, straighten me out.

5. dmaker

dmaker Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm not sure. I do think using partition wizard to change the disks to GPT was necessary, but early last week I removed the thumbdrive at the first Windows setup once ( Windows 7 that time) and the install failed asking for a bootable drive. So, I'm not sure. I do think my assumption that Windows setup would continue on the first reboot and select the proper volume to boot from did lead to most of these problems, and then my corrective measures just compounded things. As I said before, I have never known Windows setup to require me to remove the thumbdrive for it to proceed properly. I will have to bear that in mind for the next time I find myself needed to format a physical computer.

I did not have to fuss with 32 bit drivers, that is certain. In fact, from the link you provided, the setup would not even see the 32 bit drivers, it only saw drivers in the 64 bit folder.

6. FKGreen

FKGreen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys , tell me what the best firmware for the model GT70 0nd use and if you can give a link where to get or who have Attach file .

7. JohnNhoj

JohnNhoj Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone willing to upload a picture of their original battery or just tell me what language they see right below the rating? I have two batteries and I can't figure out which is the original it is driving me nuts! I have a GT60.

8. 1shado1

1shado1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is the original battery from my GT70, purchased in the U.S.

20160823_133351.jpg

TribalOne likes this.
  9. JohnNhoj

JohnNhoj Newbie

Reputations:
    @1shado1
    Thank you so much for taking the time you upload that for me. Big help!

TribalOne likes this.
  10. 1shado1

1shado1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You're welcome. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.