The Official MSI GT60 & GT70 Owners' Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by ViciousXUSMC, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmaker

dmaker Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Found signed drivers here, now I have to figure out which one to use, as it presents quite a few to choose from.

2. dmaker

dmaker Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm starting to lose my mind with this thing. If I check hide drivers that are not compatible with my hardware, then setup selects only one driver( iaStorAC.inf), I click Next, it installs the driver, and then tells me,nope, it still won't install to that disk for the same reasons. If I uncheck hide incompatible drivers, I get a long list of drivers to try. I have no idea which one to select, however. Intel 100, Intel 6thGen, 8 Series, 9 Series, etc..

This is becoming quite a frustrating nightmare.

3. EchoWars

EchoWars Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So it puts you back here?
    Edit: You got nothing to lose here...download a free copy of Partition Wizard, nuke every partition, then start over with the F6 install and see WTF.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  4. EchoWars

EchoWars Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    OK...try this. Blast the partitions as above.

Win10 install from a DVD-ROM, both 32-bit and 64-bit Intel RST signed drivers on a thumbdrive. Label the folders on the drive so you know what's what. Leave the thumbdrive disconnected till needed.

Set SATA controller to RAID, primary boot to the DVD-ROM, disconnect any drive that you do not plan on installing the op-system to. Boot the DVD-ROM. You should go straight to the OS install menu, choose the one you want, and choose 'Custom' install. Now pop in the thumbdrive and browse to the 32 bit drivers. After they load, you will (hopefully) see the RAID array. Now, click on Load Driver and select the 64-bit drivers.

If luck is with you, then the install will take off from there.

5. PCTech91

PCTech91 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  6. dmaker

dmaker Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Almost exactly that. It reboots and then at volume selection it says it cannot install because it doesn't believe it is bootable and recommends to confirm that in the bios. I have confirmed in the raid controller that the volume is set to be bootable and in the bios it is included in the boot order right after the usb key that I am attempting to install from.

I'll try the other suggestions later tonight when I get home.

Thank-you for all the helpful suggestions, folks.

7. dmaker

dmaker Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Is Partition Tool bootable? I don't have a working Windows environment to run a program right now on this laptop.

8. EchoWars

EchoWars Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yes. It runs a small Linux distro. No Windows needed.

9. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    That's good to hear. In cases where it doesn't, at least there's the Live session option to run the bare essentials.

10. dmaker

dmaker Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I've booted with partition wizard and marked both ssd drives as GPT, as well as the 750GB mechanical drive. I then had to recreate the array using Ctlr-I and am now running Windows 10 setup again. It allowed me to select the raid array and is now copying files to it. This is not greatly encouraging as it would always do this initially. It was on the next reboot that it would just go right back into Windows setup and then at volume selection decide that it no longer likes the raid array. Fingers are crossed it works this time. I have someone eager to buy it and willing to pay $800. He wants Windows 10 on it though, and the unfortunate thing is that I can't really spend oodles of time on this right now. I am writing a Cisco CCNP exam on Thursday, and I really need to spend all my time prepping for that, not fighting with Windows setup on a perfectly healthy pile of hardware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.