The Official MSI GT60 & GT70 Owners' Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by ViciousXUSMC, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GenTechPC

GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Never have any issues with MSI warranty if the warranty sticker is removed.

Like MrSpock2002 said MSI will not honor warranty only if there are damage inside the laptop cause by user.

2. Toxictaru

Toxictaru Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Its been said already, and I think I said it to you in another thread. You need to stop dealing with the reseller and start dealing with MSI directly. The only way you're going to get any results is to stop messing around with people who don't understand what they are doing and start demanding results. The issues you are dealing with are not related to popping the bottom of the notebook off to install a few simpler aftermarket parts (HDD, whatever), so the problem didn't arise by some fault of your own.

Make demands, this is your money.

Also, I'm curious how you took advantage of Amazon deals while dealing with a brick-and-mortar retailer... whats up with that?

3. KjGarly

KjGarly Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Before I even left the store with mine they had the bottom off to install an extra 4GB RAM.

4. WarEagle88

WarEagle88 Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm having trouble with my webcam. My computer doesn't seem to recognize that the device even exists and neither does the youcam software. Has anyone encountered this or have an idea on how to fix it? Thanks.

5. xMAR99

xMAR99 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Try enabling it with FN+F6

6. timekills

timekills Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not brick and mortar. Just a retailer through Amazon. Vast majority of stuff sold on Amazon is from other retailers. Wasn't even aware that the company that sold me the laptop had physical stores. Regardless, Amazon will get involved in any disputes made from their site.

The problem with involving MSi directly is I was already approved an RMA from the reseller and shipped it back. They have the laptop!

Sent using Tapatalk

7. alaskajoel

alaskajoel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just a quick question for all you owners out there:

Does the MSi Logo on the lid stay on all the time when the computer is plugged in? For example, if someone uses the machine with the lid closed and uses an external monitor, does the MSi logo stay lit? I could see this being rather distracting if it is the case.

8. js042507

js042507 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    No. As soon as the lid is closed, the led will turn off. Even if its set to not go to sleep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

9. SD4M

SD4M Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Quick question. This may seem silly, but I need to know if the long plastic part with the red line (where you press the turbo button, disabling the lcd panel, etc) has a thin plastic film over that area which can be peeled off, or is that dull on purpose?

The reason I ask is because mine has what appears to be slight "peeling" on that part, but to my eye it doesn't seem like a plastic film to peel off... It looks like a cosmetic flaw. Hope someone can help me out. I was on hold by MSI for 20 mins and then the line disconnected, sigh.

msi-gt70-lb38756.jpg

10. SD4M

SD4M Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I also noticed if I select the same colors for all 3 parts of the keyboard, using the backlit software, the colors don't match across. The left looks purple while the far fight is deep blue, despite me selecting the same colors in the menu.

Is this normal?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.