The Official MSI GT60 & GT70 Owners' Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by ViciousXUSMC, Apr 23, 2012.

1. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Master Viking NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    So it is official, I placed my order for the MSI GT70 from GentechPC. I will be converting from Asus to MSI.

I am a big fan of the G73 I own, it has been by far my favorite and best performing laptop that I have ever owned. However I have no idea what Asus is doing with the G74 and G75 only having GTX 560 & GTX 660 GPU's on what is supposed to be a flagship gaming laptop. Those are mid ranged gpu's and enough a reason to make me switch.

The GTX670 is still not the highest out there on the MSI but its good enough and already confirmed it can be upgraded to the GTX675 (and lets hope GTX680) I do not see any products competing that have a GTX680 for even close to this price point and with these features.

I'll be building this lounge up over time and hope to make it as great as -=$tR|k3r=-'s GT780/GT783 lounge.

So bear with me in the building phase as I add a bit to it day to day, feel free to PM me or post relevant stuff to add. And by all means start any discussion about the products that belongs in the (future) owners lounge.

[​IMG]

Official MSI Product Page:
    http://www.msimobile.com/gaming/Level2_productpage.aspx?id=12

Intel Core i7 3RD Generation 3610QM White Sheet:
    http://ark.intel.com/products/64899/Intel-Core-i7-3610QM-Processor-(6M-Cache-up-to-3_30-GHz)

nVidia GeForce GTX 670M Official Page:
    http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-gtx-670m

Places to order/pre-order the GT60 & GT70
    GentechPC - GenTech PC
    XoticPC - Gaming Laptops - XOTIC PC - Gaming Notebooks - Custom Laptops - Custom Notebooks
    PowerNotebooks - Custom Gaming Laptops by PowerNotebooks.com™ - Gaming Notebooks & Custom Built Laptops
    MSI Where To Buy Info - MSI Notebook Official Website
    MSI Global - MSI Global ? Where to Buy

GT70 Stock Photos
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GT60 Stock Photos
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Product Feature Images
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Reviews

ViciousXUSMC's Ultimate MSI GT70 Unboxing & Review
    GentechPC GT60 GT70 Overview Video
    PC Mag GT70 Review
    NewGadgetsDE GT70 Review Video
    Hardware.Info GT70 Review Video (Dutch)
    XoticPC GT60 Video Review

Guides

ViciousXUSMC GT70 Keyboard Install & Replacment

To Do List:
    1.) More Links
    2.) Formatting Work
    3.) Image Resizing as needed
    4.) GT70 Unboxing Video when it arrives.
    5.) Anything else as needed

2. layjohn

layjohn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nice to see an official gt60 and 70 thread setting up! I'm very close to getting a gt60 just need to save up a month or two of paycheck. But im concerning if there's a down side not preordering now, will it be likely out of stock? Would the price rise?

3. ViciousXUSMC

Reputations:
    I doubt the price will rise or fall, but in the past there has been a waiting list on popular laptop models because the supply can not meet the demand and thus first to order are the first served.

If you do not "need" the laptop right away waiting wont hurt, but it does suck when your on a waiting list.

4. layjohn

Reputations:
    Thanks for the heads up. Btw in the future if I would want to upgrade to gtx675 what do people usually do with the old chip o.o....

5. ViciousXUSMC

Reputations:
    Ebay or even here on the forums is a good place to sell it. How well it sells depends on what laptop models with a lesser gpu that it is compatible with.

Going with a barebone model is one way to go straight into the GTX675 rather than upgrading. I have had barebone systems before, its usually a trade off.

You can save money if you only need/want certain things, but if you were to get everything that comes with the branded model it would end up costing more. Like a combo meal at a fast food place. You may get one or two things you don't need with the combo but its still a better value unless you absolutly do not want/need those extra things.

The other barebone advantage though is if you can outsource your parts from a cheaper place, but then warranty and stuff is all in your hands and so is support.

6. layjohn

Reputations:
    Makes sense.. Thanks for the tip again, well still got a month or so for me to figure out what I need, guess I can see how well it perform when other people got theirs and write some reviews on them.

7. BELL_IVY

BELL_IVY Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    damn! i want it so bad !
    when it will be release in asia ??

8. King Krish

King Krish Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    So how many people are going to buy this then look to slap an HD7970 in it? You know, a true next gen card.

10. ViciousXUSMC

Reputations:
    I was already wondering if the 7970 can go in it :D

I see no confirmation that any AMD card can come configured in a system let alone the 7970.

On the Desktop side the GTX680 is beating the 7970, but on laptop side I guess they didn't really make the same progression.