The Official MSI GT60/70 970m/980m Upgrade Thread

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Talon, Nov 10, 2014.

1. John Hower

John Hower Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I understand that, I am asking if I should install 1762EG62.401? Or should I just keep the stock 1762EMS1 Ver5.03? Thanks

2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
  3. John Hower

Reputations:
  4. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
  5. John Hower

Reputations:
    I don't think you understand the situation here. On the very first page of this thread Talon shows:
    "Ivy Bridge Based GT60/70 Laptops: Require System BIOS Version 51x or 71x
    It has been discovered by other users that upgraded their Ivy Bridge based GT60 and GT70 laptops that an unreleased BIOS version (version 51x or 71x) is required in order for the card to be fully detected and installed properly."

And I am not asking for the latest EC. I am asking for the EC that may correct the issue I am having. I know EC 1762EG62.401 is from svet. What is the difference between 1762EG62.401 and 1762EMS1.506?

6. zipperi

zipperi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    E1762IMS.51X (or 71X) and 1762EMS1.T24 are the pair Svet did for 7.xx and up cards for GT70 0Nx laptops.

John Hower likes this.
  7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    EG62 is for Whitebook version of the systems since they use a different kind of touch panel (power, etc), whilst EMS1 is meant for retail version.
    These EC should be the same in terms of power flow control. Svet should be able to get you the modified EMS1 EC.

Did you get the BIOS & EC from Svet directly?

John Hower likes this.
  8. panamaniacs2011

panamaniacs2011 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  9. John Hower

Reputations:
    Ah gotcha, I got the BIOS from Talons link on the first page of this forum. The EC I have is the stock EC of the laptop. I asked svet for the EC for my laptop, and he asked me what kind of customization I want. I don't know what he means by that.

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  10. tyman108

tyman108 Newbie

Reputations:
    good day,

i know there are 100's of topic of this already but i cant find a straight answer in any of them.
    so i have a GT70 2PC with Windows 10 that originally had a GTX 870M in it, i got an GTX 980M from ebay that was in a GT80. i pulled out the old GPU and modded the heat sink and installed the new one, updated the driver to 391.01-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql, the only thing the the GPU is working with is Nicehash program, when i try to run it in any fame it uses lowest game setting, i have already checked to make sure my preference and it is set up to use the 980, but still nothing, 0% GPU usage when every i am trying to run any game. i think i need to upgrade my BIOS but i want to make sure 1st, my current BIOS is E1763IMS.50T, should i upgrade my BIOS and EC? or is there a modded Driver i should use.

Thank you for your help in advance, i know this been asked a lot but i want to make sure 100% before i do anything else.