The Official MSI GT60/70 970m/980m Upgrade Thread

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Talon, Nov 10, 2014.

1. omega939

omega939 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Here it is.
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/file_upl...12694263&del_id=06921937103496850493&gk=money

Make sure that your vbios Hardware ID is "13D8" or else this file won't install successfully.

2. Balint Sipos

Balint Sipos Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I THINK ITS WORKING :O:O

[​IMG]

Sorry, I haven't actually launched a game. I am just so psyched that the "device is working properly" and the rest of the stats look good also :)

edit: launched Dota 2, and everything looked great. So glad you guys helped out. I am eternally grateful.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  3. zipperi

zipperi Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Check your GPU core clock with Nvidia Inspector or MSI Afterburner - that 540 isn't right.

4. Balint Sipos

Balint Sipos Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Nvidia inspector is showing this:
    [​IMG]

Should I be worried?

5. omega939

Reputations:
    Glad to be of help to you

6. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    No that all looks correct. Regardless if you're worried its not working correctly or at full boost clocks run a benchmark and compare your score to a score of a similar system. Something like firestrike. Even you're still worried, simply create an on screen display of all clocks and temps for monitoring in real time.

7. omega939

Reputations:
    I'm Confused.. Where is "540" on that GPU-z? Oh.. I've seen that ss .. Yeah Talon is right. It's normal because you're not running 3d apps or games. the gpu is on 2d mode. Upside of Maxwell is that it runs much cooler than previous gpu's of Nvidia :)

8. zipperi

zipperi Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes, nice figures, working. GPU-Z reads the default clock wrong/differently on Maxwell compared to Kepler and Fermi. So Nvidia Inspector is the best tool to get the right figures. GPU-Z sensor tab shows yet the current clocks ok.

9. Marko Trapani

Marko Trapani Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, sorry to bother you again, but I just want to confirm whether the EC firmware and BIOS on the MSI support site for the GT70 2PE is actually the latest. I've already updated both of those to the latest posted there. Am I good to go ahead with the upgrade?

10. omega939

Reputations:
    I would be much better if you contact "Svet" in msi forums because first and foremost, he is one of the administrator there and most of all he is the one who unlock's the bios and ecfirmware's gaming laptops. Of course with a little donation everything is possible to svet