The Official MSI GT60/70 970m/980m Upgrade Thread

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Talon, Nov 10, 2014.

1. omega939

omega939 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Here is your file now

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=79588622719911041410

It is also important to make a fresh lnstall of your driver.. You must download

"Display Driver Uninstaller".. Google it first before installing Nvidia driver..

YES!!! you can use the latest driver... If this work then next time you want to download a new driver and want me to mod a file for you just tell me.

2. Malczas

Malczas Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello!
    I've done everything, step by step like in the tutorial, and I can't get my GTX970m to work.
    MSI GT70 0ND
    MS-1762 Ivy bridge
    sys. bios: E1762IMS.10M
    Had GTX 675mx, upgrade to clevo GTX970m
    actual MSI vbios 84.04.22.00.06
    Win 7
    I don't understand only that part where the author mention about 71x and 51x unlocked bios. Where I can find them? Can someone explain it to me like to a monkey?

PS: English in not my native and maybe this is a cause why I dont understand that part.

Edit: Just found that... this is exact problem just like mine. This is post http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-upgrade-thread.765058/page-221#post-10041451
    " I cant install the nvidia drivers without the screen just getting stuck on the windows login. I can hear it load windows and go to my desktop but the screen doesnt move. After installing the nvidia drivers it tells me that the Intel card couldnt find enough resources to start."

Edit2: Probably found resolution, this post and couple next explain the thing.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/ms-1762-trouble-upgrading-to-780m.760347/page-6#post-9820307

Edit3: Windows starts normally , driver instalation without a problem but system does not use gtx970m. Also cant force to use 970 trough nvidia panel. It's visible in manager and in nvidia panel or geforce experience but system always use intel hd 4000.
    actual EC 1762EMS1.24T
    actual sys bios E1762IMS.51X I am not sure if it is unlocked version because almost all the futures are hidden. e.g. in E1762IMS.10M I could choose primary display adapter iGFX/PEG/PCI/SG - switchable graphic
    As I recall, when my old 675mx was still alive the power button was always white, in bios and on windows start up. Also basic function like windows desktop was running on integrated card. Now only in bios it is white. When windows start to load before even seeing the desktop button turns orange.

Edit4: Ok, it works I think. I went back to stock clevo vbios. I made back up before doing anything. I couldnt install any drivers so I made custom .ini and installed 345.20. I couldnt make .ini for newer drivers dont know why. They just didnt work. 3 times those 354.20 drivers crashed. But know they work stable I think. I'll stress-test them and write how it ended.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  3. Balint Sipos

Balint Sipos Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    that is awesome Omega. much appreciated.
    I will try it out tonight for sure. I'll let you know the results ;)

4. Malczas

Malczas Newbie

Reputations:
    As I said, I did some stress-tests and gtx 970m works stable with 345.20 but... yep there is always "but", I cant play Starwars Battlefront because it needs 358.50 or later version :tears:

5. Balint Sipos

Reputations:
    Yess. Progress!!

I managed to install the 305.53 driver with your help.
    The 970m appears in the device manager as a display adapter finally.

However the status of it is: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"
    [​IMG]

The second thing is GPU-Z lists 3GB of memory, and I ordered a 6GB version. Now I am worried that I haven't got the one I ordered, or could it be misread by GPU-Z?

I've checked the hardware ID in the device manager and it was slightly different than the one than what was through the link in the opening post (http://laptopvideo2go.com/drivers?d...g=0&orderby=version&dir=desc&os=&os[]=win8x64)
    Here is what I have:
    [​IMG]
    I've got the INF file for this one (not sure if it is any different). Here a link to it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B10Nr_SEBm64UkdlNG4zLTVlVms/view?usp=sharing

What do you think the next step would be?

Deeply appreciate all the help you've given me!

6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Try adding that device ID into the driver, also you can't trust detection when:

A) You are only using one program

or

B) Your drivers are not properly installed

:)

7. omega939

Reputations:
    Did you update your bios with the latest one? I think that old NVidia driver is causing the issue. try downloading the latest NVidia driver (359.12) and gpuz.

I am using NVidia 359.12, the latest one but my windows version is 8.1.

Post again your "nvdispi.inf" here and let me mod It for you.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  8. Balint Sipos

Reputations:
    I've upgraded the bios yes. The latest for my model is: E1761IG6.30H and EC: 1761EG61.405

And I'd love to have the latest Nvidia drivers on the laptopvideo2go for this search term are only for Win10:
    [​IMG]

Now I would be ok to use Win10 if there is no other way. (I wanted to install that later anyway)
    But if you say it would work on Win7 I am happy to try.

I went ahead to get the INF file. Tried both 32 and 64bit but when I click on the Click here to download modified INF file: "Error: The requested address '/infs/355series/35912_win10x64/nv_dispi.inf' was not found on this server."

Pff :S Can you please try to download? (http://laptopvideo2go.com/drivers?dev=13D8&sub=110C10DE&whql=0&lang=0&orderby=version&dir=desc&os=)

The latest I could get from there was the 358.91 version (win10 64bit). The INF file for that is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_h8jJ65829UMnA5VUZMLTFSa1k/view?usp=sharing

omega939 likes this.
  9. omega939

Reputations:
    Just download the latest nvidia driver for windows 7 if it is in nvidia website, extract the files and get the nv_disp file under Display driver settings. Then post it here. No need to check the inf fiile in laptopvideo2go.

And by the way, if you want to have you bios unlock with all the goodies settings there. seek "svet" in msi forums. he can unlock the settings for you with a little donation.

10. Balint Sipos

Reputations:
    Ok. Just done that.
    Version number: 359.06

Here is the INF file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_h8jJ65829UczRxR21fMVBFQlU/view?usp=sharing

Yes, thanks I was already in contact with Svet. He helped me finding the latest BIOS for my computer and would unlock it if needed. So far I just wanted to get things working before unlocking stuff I might not even use :).