\/\/\/\/\/\- The Official MSI GT60-2OD Owner's Lounge -/\/\/\/\/\/

Discussion in 'MSI' started by xMAR99, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Use Task Manager to determine the process that is hogging your memory.
    Alternatively, you can use Process Explorer.

xMAR99 likes this.
  2. Hendrickson

Hendrickson Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The stock 16GB that came with the system.

I have tried using resource manager to see what is using up all the memeory. But it seems no programs are showing up as using lots of ram. Its just ram gets used up slowly in the and there is no sign of what is doing it which makes me think its a driver.

3. be77solo

be77solo pc's and planes

Reputations:
    Hmm, I often leave mine up for a couple days as well as it's my main work computer as well as my gaming PC. Some days I'll turn it on and off a few times or let it sleep when I travel or need it in the truck, but when at my home office I've had it running for days without a reboot or shutdown and haven't run into a memory leak that I've noticed. I remember you mentioning it a couple months back and saying it was video driver related.

I've used the 320.49's up until I finally upgraded to the 327's and now the new 331.40 for the BF4 beta, all of which have been stable and no signs of any memory leak. For example, I use HWiNFO64 a lot, especially when gaming, and have had it up all morning in the background; currently I'm using 2379MB of physical memory after running over night and using Office all morning.

This is from an MSI factory restore install a couple months back I did after installing the second 256GB mSATA drive. Oddly could never get a clean regular install stable (would regularly BSOD on random boots), but the factory image is completely stable. Using the MSI drivers at the time, with video (intel and NVidia) updated as released, daily checks for Windows Updates, but nothing much else. I keep Steam running, and Outlook is open during the day, and a couple of the default MSI apps are still running (Keyboard LED, SB Cinema, Intel RST, Killer network, Skydrive)

Still have to think it's something that is running on your PC, but no idea what. Is it even possible for a slow memory leak to be hardware related? I have no idea.

Good luck, I know that's got to be annoying.

Hendrickson likes this.
  4. zipperi

zipperi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My GT70 did the same - nothing was showing but memory got slowly filled up; it was an old version of Everest/AIDA leaking.

5. Hendrickson

Hendrickson Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have have redone the MSI factory reset. And think I might have narrowed it down to either Killer wireless manager Or skype or nvidia / intel gfx driver when using external monitors :( Since its taking about 16 hours to fill up my ram its hard to spot at first. Very annoying!!!

6. xMAR99

xMAR99 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'd also run memtest and see how it goes.

7. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I have left my computer on for a couple of days but haven't noticed a memory leak. I will check it out now, as I haven't used my laptop in a while.

8. erikranger

erikranger Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The AC router is here and the connection is currently the same. The wifi card is not scheduled to be here until Monday. I am disappointed in that...

Battlefield 4 plays perfectly though! It does require the new beta drivers.

erikranger

9. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Since I was not a premium user or whatever that is, I get to try it until... today? haha :) I have heard good impressions from many users so I am not worried.

As for yoru wifi card, damm it sucks when you plan to receive and upgrade and turns out part of it arrives later :(

10. erikranger

erikranger Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the mail box and found a big box from Newegg! In the box was only one item, a mini wifi pcie card. Such a large box for a small component. I did pop the new wifi card in and I made a video of it, link will be below. So far, I am seeing a huge difference. I am never in the same room as the router. Currently, I am one-floor above the router and I have full signal running at 866M. Huge speed boost when accessing my files on a local NAS. I am transferring large files at 50MBps, which is the same I am getting when connected through my 1g Ethernet cables. As for BF4, I have noticed a 8ms drop in latency across most serves. To Chicago I see under 20ms, to Atlanta and New York I am seeing 14ms, to DC I am seeing 4ms. This is pretty nice for snipers like myself!

Wi-Fi Card Replacement -
    Wi-fi card replacement GT60/GT70 2OD - YouTube

If anyone has any questions or comments feel free to post.

erikranger

be77solo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.