\/\/\/\/\/\- The Official MSI GT60-2OD Owner's Lounge -/\/\/\/\/\/

Discussion in 'MSI' started by xMAR99, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    You are welcome, and I am glad you found the answer to your situation :D I am back to 311.83 but I will try betas later again :)

2. adriano_banano

adriano_banano Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I´m also back to 311, haven't seen any crash with Bioshock Infinite since I rolled back.

P.S. Any of you noticed a "new driver" message from GeForce Experience today? I have, but I'm not able to install them :(

3. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Yeah, it's the 320.49 I think, but those are not compatible with the regular inf I believe, unlike betas. Just ignore it haha.

4. apachehavok

apachehavok Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Im running the latest beta and with everything up all the way its running silky smooth. Make sure you are using the dedicated GPU and not the intel.

5. Hendrickson

Hendrickson Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think I discovered how to run without the battery and not have the GPU throttle. You need the unlocked bios however. In the CPU Info, disable TDP level. Where it says TDP nominal, TDP UP or TDP down. Playing Total War Rome II My battery drops 1 % every 15 minutes it seems in 2560 x 1440p as we know Rome is a demanding game.

Not to clock up battery cycles I removed it. And noticed that my GPU will run at 849 Mhz not throttling like it did before running at 500Mhz or whatever it was.

6. RMPG505

RMPG505 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    reposted in proper thread,, sorry

7. xMAR99

xMAR99 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It might be better to post in the GT70's lounge :)

http://forum.notebookreview.com/msi/718530-official-msi-gt70-2od-owners-lounge-148.html

8. Mobile Gamer

Mobile Gamer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello all I just purchased the MSI GT60 2OC 2OD and I love it minus a few things that I cant figure out and I am looking for some help.

1. I only get a 7.2 for my graphics and this is low! I was wondering is there a way to configure so my system works only from the 780m or what can I do to improve this. I tried disabling the intel hd graphics in device
    manager but my score lowered to 5.4 so I set it back.

2. I am repasting the cpu and gpu with ic diamond next week and adding 2 more m sata ssds to run super raid 2 with 3 ssds on raid 0. My question with this is the gt 60 has the san disk 128 gb x100, Now can I use a different brand ssd that is also 128 gb and mix the san disk with the other brand and will that work? and if so once I put the 2 other drives in do I just put the recovery disks in and do a clean install to the raid setup if so whats that process like?

all insight is appreciated.

9. Luto

Luto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wow this is really strange. I am running driver version: 9.18.13.1170

The Custom resolution button is grayed out. The max resolution is 1680 x 1050 (native) or 1600x 1200. The NVidia control panel sees the monitor as an NEC EA 261 wm, which is correct.

When I use the VGA cable (tried two), or a DP to VGA adapter, I get the same resolution. 1680 x 1050

So 2 questions:
    1) Is there a way to force the GPU into IGPU or dedicated GPU mode?
    2) Why can I not get the custom resolution to work?

ANY help is welcome. BTW: I have A LOT of experience with PC machines as I was a software testers for 14 years. This problem is hardware specific I think. Maybe the NEC device driver is too old and reporting back the wrong resolution. I will update that driver for Win 8.

Thanks!!!

10. kpablo

kpablo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    1- That score is because of using intel graphic, To WEI use dGPU, you needto plug into a monitor or HDTV with HDMI or Displayport.

2- No, you can't, you need to have same model also to setup the raid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.