The Official MSI GS73VR Owners' Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by NHF, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    This was to determine the root cause to find out if the issue was caused by WiFi adapter or Nahimic, or combination of both.

Phoenix and hmscott like this.
  2. unpilot

unpilot Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So my new GS73VR has developed a squeaky GPU fan. It is the main GPU fan I determined this after opening the back and I found it is the fan closest to the side.
    It seems to maybe rubbing or something but it is rattling and squeaky...and annoying!

It looks like it would be a complete removal of the GPU heat sink to replace. Is this right?
    In order to look at it I had to of course unscrew the warranty void sticker.
    In light of the new ruling about these stickers I wonder if I can send it back to replace the fan and not have a fight on my hands.

hmscott likes this.
  3. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    They were never valid in the first place. I've been removing my sticker for years and there's nothing they can do to enforce it.

hmscott likes this.
  4. unpilot

unpilot Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    OK that is what I thought but I hate to send this thing back and have a fight about it...as it is I cant stand the chirping noise!

hmscott likes this.
  5. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I had to send mine back for a similar issue. They had it back to me within a week. I had replaced the ram and repasted my CPU. They have me no hassle over the sticker being broken.

hmscott likes this.
  6. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's pretty much illegal everywhere to prevent customers to upgrade components inside of a PC system.

7. Joseph P Wolf

Joseph P Wolf Newbie

Reputations:
    So I just received this notebook a week ago. Performance wise I love it! However, I am wondering if anyone else has issues with the right back fan making clicking noises when having the screen in different positions, or when shutting down. I'm just wondering if I need to return this laptop or if this is normal for the fan. I opened up the back panel and didn't see any obstructions.

EDIT - Youtube video showing the issue. I can push about an inch from the power plug and it goes away, sometimes for a while, sometimes for few seconds.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  8. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    What you describe is not normal, but I don't really hear it in the video. Please contact your vendor for tech support/warranty service.

Phoenix likes this.
  9. kroko

kroko Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry, wrong forum thread.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  10. CaptCurt

CaptCurt Newbie

Reputations:
    I am talking to Donald at HID evolution about buying a MSI GS73 Stealth 8RF-014 17.3 to use for photo/video editing. My Nikon shots 24 Meg and after 1500 photos loaded from a event and using Photoshop and Lightroom my old laptop is overwhelmed. Any thoughts? (And ya I am the FNG)