]]>

The Official MSI GS73VR Owners' Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by NHF, Aug 23, 2016.

1. RipleyJohn

RipleyJohn Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys!
    How much should i undervolt with Intel Extreme Tuning Utility? 1st time undervolting a laptop :'l help pls..thx :)

2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  3. Phoenix

Phoenix Colonel

Reputations:
    depends on what clocks speeds you are running?

If you're at stock clock speeds, good start would be a -100mV undervolt. Even if you overclock 4.2 GHz on all cores a -100mV undervolt should work.

Also, put your signature with your laptop models/specs otherwise we have no idea what you own and what specs to help you.

Feel free to copy/paste my signature and edit them to match your system configuration

Kevin@GenTechPC and hmscott like this.
  4. Lirkun

Lirkun Newbie

Reputations:
    -170 works fine for me. Just try some numbers from -100 to -200 and run some stress tests (such as prime 95 for 30-60min). It depends how lucky are you with your CPU. If you have GS73 you can't overclock so nothing to worry about. In worst case you will have a bluescreen once if the numbers are too hight (low).

hmscott likes this.
  5. RipleyJohn

RipleyJohn Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys ! Thx for the replies. I undervolted my laptop to -0.110V. I don't really notice any differences though. I played pubg with the newly undervolted mode and i got my cpu temps running up to 89°C. I have two aircons opened at maximum(lowest temp) coolness. And my touchpad seems to be glitchy when i watch videos using VLC. when i touch the pad it kinda glitches n micro-stutterings happen. And i get a time-lag input. for eg. when i rightclick on desktop, it takes a few secs before the dropdown box appears. Is it an issue with the laptop's hardwares or the software?
    My os is Windows 10 Pro(Licensed),Vers:1709, OS Build:16299.248.
    And my msi gs73vr 7rf does not have nahimic on it! And when i choose gaming mode in dragon center, the screen dims itself while playing. i heard theres a way to fix it , if u do know how to plz help.

here are a few observations i have done:
    CPU TEMPS WITH WIFI ON: 61~63°C
    Shift:Comfort
    Msi rgb: Office
    Dpi:100%
    LED,X boost,VR ready off

CPU TEMPS WITH WIFI OFF:50~58°C
    same modes
    CPU TEMPS WHEN GAMING:
    SHIFT:SPORT
    FAN SPEED:COOLER BOOST
    MSI RGB:STANDARD
    DPI:100%
    PROGRAMS RUNNING DURING GAME TIME: STEAM,KILLER CONTROL CENTER,NVIDIA GEFORCE EXP, IRST, IGS, ELAN POINTING DEVICE, DRAGON CENTER 1.2.1610.2701

If any of u guys have any suggestions to fix my laptop's current state pls let me know. tq guys. love the community but sad tht i have to fix so many things just to have a proper experience with my gaming laptop T.T