The Official MSI GS73VR Owners' Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by NHF, Aug 23, 2016.

1. RipleyJohn

RipleyJohn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys!
    How much should i undervolt with Intel Extreme Tuning Utility? 1st time undervolting a laptop :'l help pls..thx :)

2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  3. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    depends on what clocks speeds you are running?

If you're at stock clock speeds, good start would be a -100mV undervolt. Even if you overclock 4.2 GHz on all cores a -100mV undervolt should work.

Also, put your signature with your laptop models/specs otherwise we have no idea what you own and what specs to help you.

Feel free to copy/paste my signature and edit them to match your system configuration

Kevin@GenTechPC and hmscott like this.
  4. Lirkun

Lirkun Newbie

Reputations:
    -170 works fine for me. Just try some numbers from -100 to -200 and run some stress tests (such as prime 95 for 30-60min). It depends how lucky are you with your CPU. If you have GS73 you can't overclock so nothing to worry about. In worst case you will have a bluescreen once if the numbers are too hight (low).

hmscott likes this.
  5. RipleyJohn

Reputations:
    Hi guys ! Thx for the replies. I undervolted my laptop to -0.110V. I don't really notice any differences though. I played pubg with the newly undervolted mode and i got my cpu temps running up to 89°C. I have two aircons opened at maximum(lowest temp) coolness. And my touchpad seems to be glitchy when i watch videos using VLC. when i touch the pad it kinda glitches n micro-stutterings happen. And i get a time-lag input. for eg. when i rightclick on desktop, it takes a few secs before the dropdown box appears. Is it an issue with the laptop's hardwares or the software?
    My os is Windows 10 Pro(Licensed),Vers:1709, OS Build:16299.248.
    And my msi gs73vr 7rf does not have nahimic on it! And when i choose gaming mode in dragon center, the screen dims itself while playing. i heard theres a way to fix it , if u do know how to plz help.

here are a few observations i have done:
    CPU TEMPS WITH WIFI ON: 61~63°C
    Shift:Comfort
    Msi rgb: Office
    Dpi:100%
    LED,X boost,VR ready off

CPU TEMPS WITH WIFI OFF:50~58°C
    same modes
    CPU TEMPS WHEN GAMING:
    SHIFT:SPORT
    FAN SPEED:COOLER BOOST
    MSI RGB:STANDARD
    DPI:100%
    PROGRAMS RUNNING DURING GAME TIME: STEAM,KILLER CONTROL CENTER,NVIDIA GEFORCE EXP, IRST, IGS, ELAN POINTING DEVICE, DRAGON CENTER 1.2.1610.2701

If any of u guys have any suggestions to fix my laptop's current state pls let me know. tq guys. love the community but sad tht i have to fix so many things just to have a proper experience with my gaming laptop T.T

6. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    1) Why don't you want to install Nahimic? it has very nice audio profiles

2) I never install Dragon Center, it keeps messing with my CPU VR Current Limit setting it to 75A which causes throttling, 100A prevents throttling at 4.2 GHz and 200A prevents throttling up to 4.5 GHz.

You don't have a signature so how can we really help you since you don't list your laptop specs and CPU?

3) The mouse stuttering is caused due to the fact that MSI has the Intel Software Guards Extension enabled by default, that is a useless security feature only meant for app developers, unfortunately, if you don't have the unlocked BIOS you can't disable it so contact MSI and tell them to set it to default in their next BIOS because it causes issues and has 0 benefits

4) Try decreasing your undervolt a bit, let's say to -70mV and see if it fixes your problem

hmscott likes this.
  7. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    How were you able to fix yours? Please PM me if you can't share it in a thread.

hmscott likes this.
  8. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    There are likely multiple contributing factors to the problem under various conditions, but the one solution I hear the most is uninstalling the touchpad driver from MSI, I've seen many posts with this solution over a long period of time, with many "re-discovering" it on their own, here's an example thread with other comments that might be helpful to you:

MSI Micro stutter problem solved!!!
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/msi-micro-stutter-problem-solved.801329/

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  9. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I don't do PMs.

you need to get an unlocked BIOS from Svet

Kevin@GenTechPC, Derek712 and hmscott like this.
  10. RipleyJohn

Reputations:
    im sorry im a noob to pc stuff so whts Signature? T.T