The Official MSI GS73VR Owners' Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by NHF, Aug 23, 2016.

1. colonels

colonels Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Keyboard keys popping off problem

So this started happening today the WASD keys used a lot for gaming are starting to pop off. I have identified the problem as the 2 plastic tabs that attach to the key faceplate have holes where they attach to the laptop via metal hooks on the laptop itself. well the plastic tab holes are getting enlarged through repeated pushing so that the metal hooks no longer grab them as securely and they pop off. also these plastic tabs attach to the key faceplate via 2 plastic hooks on the back of the faceplate. one of these plastic hooks is broken.

MSI wants me to send the WHOLE laptop in for repair where i just want to get the key faceplates and plastic tabs and fix them myself. i have actually done this with rarely used keys like the [ ] and swapped out the plastic tabs for the W and A keys and they work just fine. MSI claims they cannot send me the keys as the keyboard is 1 single part and they cannot send me the keyboard either it must be sent in for repair.

Anyone have any solutions?

2. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Who are you talking to at MSI?

3. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    The whole keyboard has to be replaced by MSI because they will not take off the key caps and just send them to you. Additionally, the keyboard itself is adhered to the C panel (keyboard-side) so they will need to open up the system to replace the whole C panel.

DukeCLR likes this.
  4. Enclave

Enclave Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well I'm dealing with MSI in small claims court soon since their support was so horrific in Australia. I feel I should warn anyone here not to buy anything from them in Aus. God I have 15 pages of correspondence with their support that is so horrendously embarrassing I feel like I should post it online just to show MSI how bad their team in APAC is. Never again. I sent my unit to them despite asking for a refund so I could give them a chance in good faith.... they bent the notebook frame and now have the audacity to suggest I did it.....

DukeCLR likes this.
  5. colonels

Reputations:
    i think they should make an exception for just the keys. here is a website that sells the parts for older steelseries keyboards.

http://www.laptopkey.com/KeyboardKeys.php/MSI/GS Series/GS70 Stealth

requiring a 2 week turnaround for a simple fix is not good customer service, and it probably costs them a lot more.

hmscott likes this.
  6. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    What country are you in?

7. colonels

Reputations:
    USA why?

8. BringTheRain403

BringTheRain403 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello All. I'm working my way through reading all the posts in this thread from the beginning but it's proving to be quite an undertaking. I was wondering if someone can tell me if the 4K display is gsync enabled. Also, now that this has been out for a while what's everyone's thoughts on the 4K panel VS the 1080P 120HZ panel.

I appreciate the help!

9. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It's is unlikely it has G-Sync because it doesn't work with Optimus. Unless they removed Optimus (unlikely) for this refresh then no it won't have G-Sync. Go for the 1080p display. The GTX 1060 is not a 4K card and the 120hz display will be great for gaming.

10. jjp

jjp Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Why does this keep happening every time I load up the laptop?

Attached Files: