The Official MSI GS73VR Owners' Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by NHF, Aug 23, 2016.

1. montobrah

montobrah Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    e

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  2. lovidore

lovidore Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello!

Thank you both so much for your reply, it seems from your comments that QC issues are a bit too much for me to handle. Specially considering that I live in Qatar (middle east) and returning a laptop for exchange/repair is a huge hassle.

I think I'm going to go with Alienware 15 R3 once the first launch batches go out and they iron out their assembly process.

3. styde

styde Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,
    Just got mine today. Thank you for your advices, I finally tune it up after some hours. Bought from french store (-014FR-), no static noise, no sharp edge. I turned internal hdd on an external drive and put a 2nd ssd for a perfect quiet.
    temp max: cpu 94° gpu 78° (20min doom-vulkan)
    undervolt cpu/cache -105.5mV, overclock gpu +164MHz core +0 mem (for boost reach desktop 3GB version), using throttlestop, afterburner
    temp max: cpu 81° gpu 76°
    I uninstalled norton but no others from msi except scm/xplit. Update all of them and disallow autostart until no taskbar icons, only elan and intel rapid stay now.
    Finally 2 problems left: 1s mouse lag on gpu wake up, no subwuffer until i mute it from windows parameters under playback device in volume.
    For lags it is about optimus, no solution except wait for intel driver or magic bios update, I reduced uac level to stop fullscreen alert so no stupid lag on admin confirmations before and after.

DukeCLR likes this.
  4. montobrah

Reputations:
    e

DukeCLR likes this.
  5. styde

styde Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You are true. It could be better by a little polishment but I saw some picts with gaps near the back. I was afraid.

6. D4nthr4x

D4nthr4x Newbie

Reputations:
    What GPU temps are people getting if they run unigine engine heaven after repasting with liquid metal? I think I didn't put enough metal on mine I'm seeing temps in the upper 80s low 90s after a repaste.

7. montobrah

Reputations:
    e

8. TigerFoo

TigerFoo Newbie

Reputations:
    Funnily enough, it's the exact opposite for me. Downloading data on 5ghz wifi causes a high pitched buzzing sound coming from the right hand corner around where the speaker is on the Laptop.

I've had mine for about 2 months now. When I first booted up the laptop I experienced the stuttering that people have commonly reported, However a clean install completely fixed it for me. I've noticed a slight coil whine from the PSU and/or CPU that is a bit more audible on high performance, but it isn't loud enough to bother me thankfully. The buzzing from downloading data on 5ghz however, is loud enough to be annoying.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  9. montobrah

Reputations:
    e

10. caitsith01

caitsith01 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone know the answer to these questions?