The Official MSI GS73VR Owners' Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by NHF, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Tr1pp

Tr1pp Newbie

Reputations:
    damn, I thought as much, I really dont want to get a 4k screen just to have to compromise on scaling etc.....I think I will take the plunge on the 120hz screen

hmscott likes this.
  2. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    the 120Hz screen would be fine for photo editing. The color space is large and are reasonably accurate.

hmscott likes this.
  3. colonels

colonels Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i am experiencing some micro stutters while gaming, specifically SMITE which is a low demand GPU game. anyone know the cause? i have replaced the HD with an evo 840 ssd but the original 256gb ssd still remains with the OS on it.

4. Toni Martir

Toni Martir Newbie

Reputations:
    Applications scale mostly well. Default scale is 250% that is a bit more big than a full hd 125% scaled 15 inch laptop screen. Windows 8 and upper enhaced high dpi screen support. If an app is not "dpi aware" the system scales it (pixelated effect), if the app is dpi aware (the developer states his app works in high dpi) depends on the developer implementation. I use visual studio and other development tools and they looks great.
    In desktop, the clock and the trash can looks very clear (no pixels even at very short distances). Mad Max looks great, I did not test other games, but I think antialiasing off may enhace performance without quality loss.
    So it depends on the app, for example terminal server connection can be scaled but mouse cursor remains small. Virtualbox allow scaling...

hmscott likes this.
  5. montobrah

montobrah Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    e

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    hmscott likes this.
  6. montobrah

montobrah Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    e

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  7. snapshot21

snapshot21 Newbie

Reputations:
    How is this laptop's performance on dota 2? does it stay locked at 120fps or does it dip below that sometimes? I know the GPU can handle it easily but can the i7 6700hq provide locked 120fps? :)

8. Dark_

Dark_ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yup, a clean install of Windows 10 is certainly needed. I merely took the opportunity to improve the system a bit more.

9. Defcon-5

Defcon-5 Newbie

Reputations:
    So my gs73 came with windows 10 home installed on it, I replaced both hard drives in it with new Samsung 850 drives and reinstalled windows 10 home via usb and now it says it can't activate windows on this device as it is already in use on another device. error code 0xC004C008

I didn't type any keys in when I was installing and I don't know how to find my old key as I heard windows automatically grabs it from the bios when doing a fresh install regardless of new hard drive installations.

can anyone help me please?

thanks

10. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Do you still have the recovery partition on the old hdd? Might be worth trying to restore via that and see if the key gets picked up. If not, you have a bad key(probably stolen from someone) and the only way around is through msi. Don't bother asking MS, they will not help you.