*** The Official MSI GS65 Stealth Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Skylake_, Apr 3, 2018.

1. dmemon

dmemon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

It is better if u set a task for it and keep it running.

I have noticed after applying it will stay like that until windows hard restart(alt+f4 on desktop or by any other way ). With soft restart i.e using the start menu option it won't reset.

2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    If a pin is broken off from the connector, you can solder replacement connector, or the missing pin if you don't mind the hassle. You can try to do RMA and see if MSI is willing to repair it for you free of charge, but it is possible that they may charge you.

3. JL81

JL81 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but I think soldering of these tiny components is a bit above my skill level. And warranty is long expired on this machine anyway.
    For those interested, I actually dared to do some gaming (Black Mesa, the Source engine remake of Half-Life) with the secondary GPU fan disconnected and the temperatures do reach 90 (checking with Silent Option) for both GPU and CPU which I sort of expected, despite the repaste (which I do believe I did correctly). The reduced airflow from the missing secondary GPU fan likely causes higher internal temperatures overall - after all, the machine was designed to have three fans spinning under GPU load. But at least I haven't seen temperatures exceed 90, which I interpret as a sign that thermal throttling is working correctly and prevents damaging the machine.

Kevin@GenTechPC and dmemon like this.
  4. ratrace68

ratrace68 Newbie

Reputations:
    Question please,

I have 2 monitors that do 1440p and 2160p resolutions.
    Can the gs65 1070 power both simultaneously using a display port splitter? Or does 1 have to use HDMI and the other Display port?
    Cheers

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    DisplayPort 1.2 MST would provide that feature however we don't know if the notebook supports or not. But without using a MST hub, do you know if your monitor supports MST daisy-chain as some do, please see below DELL article and let us know whether it works for you or not. :)
    https://www.dell.com/support/articl...isplayport-multi-stream-transport-mst?lang=en

dmemon likes this.
  6. ratrace68

ratrace68 Newbie

Reputations:
    My monitors are XG438Q and PG349Q
    I currently have my 1440p monitor plugged directly into the display port on the gs65.
    Having an additional monitor won't work when i purchase and plug both into a display port MST hub?

That's insane.

7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Both monitors don't provide MST hub therefore you will need to purchase the MST hub since those monitors don't offer such function. Please see below search result.
    https://www.mwave.com.au/searchresult?button=go&w=displayport+mst+hub&af=

8. ratrace68

ratrace68 Newbie

Reputations:
    Will the MST hub power both monitors using their highest resolution 1440p and 2160p on the gs65?
    Or because it's a splitter it wont have that much power and i have to get another HUB and use HDMI on one while the other uses a display port connection?
    Thanks for helping

9. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    This MST hub uses USB power so it does require that additional power. It supports 2x 4K monitors @ 30Hz so if you want to do gaming then this may be a bad idea.
    https://www.startech.com/AV/display...yport-Adapters/mst-hub-displayport~MSTDP122DP

10. ratrace68

ratrace68 Newbie

Reputations: