*** The Official MSI GS65 Stealth Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Skylake_, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Scarn

Scarn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is it possible to choose/set a limit to how much the individual cores are loaded ? I mean, can I choose the cores with the lowest Temps to load more than the others to compensate the temp differences?

2. xLima

xLima Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you find out how to do this please post and let us know.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

3. Hyp3rSoniX

Hyp3rSoniX Notebook Guru

Reputations:

I found 3 Programms with which u can "maybe" get what you want:

BES (Battle Encoder Shirasé)
    Process Lasso
    Process Tamer

With Process Lasso seeming to provide the most options (though it could cost sth., not sure, there was an option to buy it)

Or you take your Taskmanager and play around with the cpu affinity. (Or use a free programm mentioned above).

You wont be able to set individual core loads like core 1 max 20%, core 2 max 70% etc. But if you know what cores cause trouble, you can maybe try to remove that core from the affinity list for heavy programms, so those cores don't get utilised at all by that specific programm/game.

Care though, as the Affinity list also shows Hyper Threaded Cores. If you have 6 cores, it will propably show 12. But hey, at least this way, you can kind of limit specific cores to only be utilised up to 50%

-> 4 Cores, with Hyperthreading 8 Cores.
    (If you tell a programm to only use Core 0, The real Core 0 will only be utilised to 50%, as the real Core 0 consist of the Virtual Cores 0 and 1.)

4. kshnandi

kshnandi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is anyone having troubles with their keyboard back lighting? My number "4" key went for a toss last month. The green led inside it just refused to work anymore. Now a couple days back, "P", "Fn" and "Down Arrow" had the same Green LED failure. Tried the driver reinstall. Didn't work. Any ideas?

5. Hyp3rSoniX

Hyp3rSoniX Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey guys... I need help!
    Since today after the latest Windows Update, my SCM.exe got a stroke or something, it doesn't work anymore. (There's always this Error message popping up, "The Application couldn't be started correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the Application")

I've tried uninstalling it... doesn't work. I tried repairing it... also doesn't work. I've downloaded a version from the GT73VR Support page... this doesn't work either. (Installation and uninstall always fails with some problem).

I went to the Support page of my device, well guess what... there's not even an option to download any SCM stuff... Do I even need it? If not, how the f#*@k am I supposed to get rid of it?

Google didn't help me at all.

I'm kind of suspicious about Windows Defender... maybe the "exploit guard" or whatever is doing something? I have no idea what to do anymore...

6. Doug McCloud

Doug McCloud Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The case was definitely reinforced. Compared to the previous model, this laptop is noticeably less prone to flexing. The increase in weight is barely noticeable, so I'd gladly make the tradeoff between weight and sturdiness of the case. As far as performance goes, it has handled everything I've thrown at it so far without any problems. One other thing I've noticed is that the SSD in my unit is very fast (write and read speeds easily over 1GB/sec on Novabench). I have seen some people complain about the speed of the SSD in this model, so perhaps I have a different SSD (WDC PC SN520 NVMe SSD) than what other people have been using.

7. Dodomanhia

Dodomanhia Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi
    since the day I bought my MSI GS65 (the 1070 max-q model) the touchpad buttons never worked. I checked on dragon center, and my synaptics drivers are updated (actually, to an higher version than the "latest version". I can use the fn-key combinations to disable the touchpad, and when I go to touchpad settings windows shows it as being an "high precision" one, yet I can't neither right nor left click. Any solution/thing I should do?

8. JohnnyFlash

JohnnyFlash Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Just learn the Window /affinity codes and put whatever you need in the shortcut. You can tell it exactly which cores to use and no extra programs are needed.

9. hackness

hackness Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Try this:

Open up task manager and stop MSI SCM in service tab.

Locate the main folder of SCM in program file or program file (x86) and delete it.

Go to C:\Users\*Your user name*\AppData\Local\MSI

Delete whatever is inside the MSI.

Reinstall again.

If it doesn't work:

You can try updating the .net framework, it could be some run time environment components are missing.

and then reinstall again.

If that still doesn't work:

Press Windows key + R to load up Run and execute %temp%, then delete the stuff inside temp folder, some items may be in use, after you have done this, some of the program might lose your personal settings so this is the last resource.

Then reinstall again.

10. Michael A. Saldana

Michael A. Saldana Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Late reply but quick question, so I did the bios tweaks but I did not delete my throttlestop INF, does this mean that some settings didn't take/ got over written?