*** The Official MSI GS63VR STEALTH PRO/GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Which version did you use? Have you tried the clean install option from the driver?

2. stephenv1971

stephenv1971 Newbie

Reputations:
    I’ve tried all whql releases since, up to 391.01. Clean installs each time. I opened a call with nvidia, answer from them was yeah, those max-q gpus are highly specialized by our oems. Don’t update your drivers.

3. stephenv1971

stephenv1971 Newbie

Reputations:
    I suspect max-q leverage cpu and memory in a synergistic fashion and that they weren’t taken into account when Spectre patches were added. My older msi with a 980m gt72 dominator doesn’t have this problem.

4. stephenv1971

stephenv1971 Newbie

Reputations:
    looks like it's only a problem with hdmi devices, switched to DP and am good

5. bc4m5

bc4m5 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    You have to read the fine print :) The link is at the end of the side note for the "Distribution of brightness" graphic - "XRite i1Pro 2... etc" then "https://www.notebookcheck.net/uploads/tx_nbc2/GS63.icm"

6. Skylake_

Skylake_ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    delete please

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  7. Skylake_

Reputations:
    Guys, I'm thinking to replace my Eurocom F5 with a thinner solution like GS63VR and 1060/1070 to carry around, plus a powerful eGPU to use at home with a dedicated 2k/4k monitor.
    In another topic I see that a very cool brother of the GS63 is coming, with the new Coffee Lake CPU. https://www.computeruniverse.net/products/90723149/msi-gs65-8re-079-stealth-thin.asp
    According to you, should I wait this month to see how this new baby is performing and buy it? In Italy I'm encountering difficulties to get the GS63 available and they are selling the remaining laptops with 300€ discount, so I expect to see a replacement in stock.

P.s: it seems to be, according to the smaller size of the corners, the removal of keypad and the bigger battery (82 vs 63), that the 2nd hard drive has gone away.

BOOM! New GS63 Coffee Lake available from today, too!

8. antonioni1405

antonioni1405 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have issue with my GS63VR 7RG. I like to work on it holding it in one hand. And now bottom part bent down :( And metal under ethernet port burst because of it.. Does anyone have same issue? And also really interesting swap stock keyboard to keyboard from GS63 8RE (with backlight for each button). Maybe somebody here knows is there any difference in cases and keyboards between 7RG and 8RE? Thanks to everyone

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  9. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    If it's under warranty then let MSI takes care of it, but they may ask you for the details so be ready for it.

10. Skylake_

Reputations:
    The keyboard on 8RE is steel series per light RGB and the motherboard is different, so I'm not sure that they would be interchangeable.