*** The Official MSI GS63VR STEALTH PRO/GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Jun 23, 2017.

1. sixk

sixk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is anyone else's fan really noisy?
    When I check my fan RPM its at 1750ish and its really noisy for that speed.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    What were you doing when the fan speed hits the max rpm?

3. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Do you have a Logitech Mouse? Reason I ask because if you do, the Logitech Driver has this discord applet that constantly uses the CPU keep the CPU usage at 80-100% so I can show you how to disable that.

4. Kh3O

Kh3O Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, how is the fan noise on this?
    Im debating between these 3, GS63VR 7RG, GS73VR 7RG(cant make up my mind if i drop from 17 to 15), and hopefully not, the Zephyrus(because of keyboard placement).

In order of importance :
    - Fan noise (i currently own a G751JH, which is pretty silent, only "wind" noise, no fan really). I couch game, my girlfriend is always beside me, so I need something that won't overcome TV or just be a constant reminder or get on someone's nerve. It's not "librarian silent" that im looking, just, not distracting(Zephyrus seems to be the quietest gaming laptop, thats why I listed it there).
    - Thunderbolt 3, for future eGPU upgrade & weight
    - cosmetic only(you can judge me), non-red/orange keyboard, so RGB is great.

I bought and instantly returned a Razer Blade Pro FullHD, so, i wont take notebookcheck's reading as serious as I should. I saw (Page8) video of the review.. seems.. okay I guess.. but I want YOUR real world experience.

Thank you friends!

5. Arzamar

Arzamar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    May I ask why did you return that razer blade pro? I'm considering that one so I wonder what was the problem

6. Kh3O

Kh3O Newbie

Reputations:
    Sure ;)
    2 things, screen was busted upon arrival. Screenshots here ( http://tinyurl.com/y9du93jk ). But after that, I installed D3 and Overwatch, just because those are the tops game I own I can play onl y G751, ans the fans were just way too loud for me. I dont have any DBs, but, eh.. too loud for my " couch setup with girlfriend by my side, even though 7' away, it would annoy her. As for me, I expected that noise upon super gaming load without tweaks pushing all the things to the max. Not, just "when booting the game".

For noise prior, i asked a guy on the razer insider forums if he could make a video, here's whats up. Note that the noise in the video is lower than actual sound.
    (battlefront 2 gameplay)
    (first comparison video with benchmarks)

Hope this helps~

**EDIT after post**
    The machine was bit heavier than I expected, but the build quality was really great, keyboard was great, but also made me realise that per key RGB is a bit overkill, i dont ever watch my keyboard when I play. So any 4 zones RGB(GS series) is more than enough. Touchpad on the right is fun, but quickly, for some reasons, I would have been bothered for the lack of numpad. in the end, its really the fan noise that.. didnt make me keep it. Maybe i would have given it a few more days of tweaks(cpu undervolt, better game tweaking to not push it to the max), but yeah .. :D

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Nobody can avoid the fan noise on a compact system due to limited thermal capacity. It's about the same among competitions so it will be easier to compare other features.

Ultra Male likes this.
  8. Kh3O

Kh3O Newbie

Reputations:
    Yeah i know that, Im just looking for the most silent option ;) GS*3VR and Zephyrus seems to be my last options. So, asking the GS63 owners for their impressions :)

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  9. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Most silent option has to be water cooling. :)
    But you can upgrade thermal paste as well as thermal pads to help to cool the CPU/GPU, additionally, you can have Svet to customize EC firmware to make lesser fan noise but system will run hotter under load.

10. Antonio1970

Antonio1970 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys,

does anyone has the file E16K3IMS.10D to share with me?

my laptop started working funny (crashes during csgo playing) after a BIOS uograde I did.. so I would like to downgrade it to see if the problem comes from there..

thank you in advance!

Antonio