*** The Official MSI GS63VR STEALTH PRO/GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Jun 23, 2017.

1. sixk

sixk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is anyone else's fan really noisy?
    When I check my fan RPM its at 1750ish and its really noisy for that speed.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    What were you doing when the fan speed hits the max rpm?

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Do you have a Logitech Mouse? Reason I ask because if you do, the Logitech Driver has this discord applet that constantly uses the CPU keep the CPU usage at 80-100% so I can show you how to disable that.

4. Kh3O

Kh3O Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, how is the fan noise on this?
    Im debating between these 3, GS63VR 7RG, GS73VR 7RG(cant make up my mind if i drop from 17 to 15), and hopefully not, the Zephyrus(because of keyboard placement).

In order of importance :
    - Fan noise (i currently own a G751JH, which is pretty silent, only "wind" noise, no fan really). I couch game, my girlfriend is always beside me, so I need something that won't overcome TV or just be a constant reminder or get on someone's nerve. It's not "librarian silent" that im looking, just, not distracting(Zephyrus seems to be the quietest gaming laptop, thats why I listed it there).
    - Thunderbolt 3, for future eGPU upgrade & weight
    - cosmetic only(you can judge me), non-red/orange keyboard, so RGB is great.

I bought and instantly returned a Razer Blade Pro FullHD, so, i wont take notebookcheck's reading as serious as I should. I saw (Page8) video of the review.. seems.. okay I guess.. but I want YOUR real world experience.

Thank you friends!

5. Arzamar

Arzamar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    May I ask why did you return that razer blade pro? I'm considering that one so I wonder what was the problem

6. Kh3O

Kh3O Newbie

Reputations:
    Sure ;)
    2 things, screen was busted upon arrival. Screenshots here ( http://tinyurl.com/y9du93jk ). But after that, I installed D3 and Overwatch, just because those are the tops game I own I can play onl y G751, ans the fans were just way too loud for me. I dont have any DBs, but, eh.. too loud for my " couch setup with girlfriend by my side, even though 7' away, it would annoy her. As for me, I expected that noise upon super gaming load without tweaks pushing all the things to the max. Not, just "when booting the game".

For noise prior, i asked a guy on the razer insider forums if he could make a video, here's whats up. Note that the noise in the video is lower than actual sound.
    (battlefront 2 gameplay)
    (first comparison video with benchmarks)

Hope this helps~

**EDIT after post**
    The machine was bit heavier than I expected, but the build quality was really great, keyboard was great, but also made me realise that per key RGB is a bit overkill, i dont ever watch my keyboard when I play. So any 4 zones RGB(GS series) is more than enough. Touchpad on the right is fun, but quickly, for some reasons, I would have been bothered for the lack of numpad. in the end, its really the fan noise that.. didnt make me keep it. Maybe i would have given it a few more days of tweaks(cpu undervolt, better game tweaking to not push it to the max), but yeah .. :D

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Nobody can avoid the fan noise on a compact system due to limited thermal capacity. It's about the same among competitions so it will be easier to compare other features.

Phoenix likes this.
  8. Kh3O

Kh3O Newbie

Reputations:
    Yeah i know that, Im just looking for the most silent option ;) GS*3VR and Zephyrus seems to be my last options. So, asking the GS63 owners for their impressions :)

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  9. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Most silent option has to be water cooling. :)
    But you can upgrade thermal paste as well as thermal pads to help to cool the CPU/GPU, additionally, you can have Svet to customize EC firmware to make lesser fan noise but system will run hotter under load.

10. Antonio1970

Antonio1970 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys,

does anyone has the file E16K3IMS.10D to share with me?

my laptop started working funny (crashes during csgo playing) after a BIOS uograde I did.. so I would like to downgrade it to see if the problem comes from there..

thank you in advance!

Antonio