*** The Official MSI GS63VR STEALTH PRO/GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jun 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JiDey247

JiDey247 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How does the MSI GS63's display perform with his new 120hz panel (for gaming or basic desktop experience)? what about color accuracy etc.
    Hesitating to buy it (or the Aero 15 by Gigabyte)

2. Quezacot

Quezacot Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    120hz panel is okay even in desktop or gaming it is smooth (no complaint). As for the TN Panel, this is one of the best TN panel I've ever seen on a laptop. Color accuracy is great but not as accurate vs IPS. I'd rather get a great TN panel without any dead pixel, backlight bleed issues vs IPS (backlight bleed) for gaming.

3. Quezacot

Quezacot Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You can still undervolt it to -0.135 for better temperature. I had 70-80c cpu while gaming and 80-85c max when running prime95. What is Hyper V? Does your laptop had Windows 10 pro out of the box?

hmscott likes this.
  4. bc4m5

bc4m5 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Trying undervolting for the 1st time. Thank you James and Quezacot for posting the values you used.

I started with -0.120v but my laptop failed to complete the IntelXTU Memory Stress Test - after completing the CPU Stress Test ok.

At -0.115v, it completed the CPU/Memory/Graphics Stress tests so I tried playing XCOM2. After about an hour of gameplay, the game hang. I had to hard-reset/press power button for a few secs, to bring everything back up.

Which brings me to -0.110v. No issues so far. I played XCOM2 yesterday for 4 hours straight with no issues (gamesaves all the way, I suck at Ironman).

So it looks like -0.110v is my magic number. Haven't tried running down the battery yet with the new setting to get actual battery timings. I did notice that when I started it up today without it plugged in, Windows estimated the battery to last 5 hrs instead of the usual 4.

hmscott likes this.
  5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    That seems about right.

6. James Murray

James Murray Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Nice I may try that thanks!

Hyper-V is a windows virtualisation software that allows you to run different os's (linx, windows, windows server). I use it a lot for work plus for a lot of the training I do.

It had win 10 Home installed out of the box but you need the Pro version to run this.

7. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    p0izn likes this.
  8. p0izn

p0izn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys, sorry for the quick and lame question:
    Where can I get image for windows "clean" installation? Is it in hidden partition or downloadable from MSI/MS site? Or even you meant Win10 full reset feature?
    Thanks

9. James Murray

James Murray Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You have to download the Windows 10 media creation Tool. You can then select which version of Windows 10 you want it to download as an ISO file.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

10. McCol

McCol Newbie

Reputations:
    Ordered this yesterday here in the UK and it arrived today but have had to raise a RMA with retailer due to a fault with the chassis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.