*** The Official MSI GP63 Leopard Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Did you check the Event Log Viewer to see what kind of error was thrown around the time that this happened?

2. Leandro Lopes

Leandro Lopes Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That´s part of the problem, i think i already saw all errors code in this situation
    Memory management
    hadware failure
    power sbrubbles
    driver failure
    critical procces
    etc..

In the last three days i had the following blue screens:
    Memory Managemente, Falty Hardware Corrupted Page, System Service Exception And Critical Proccess Died.

The only consistent thing is that it never crashs while i am using it, only when i let it be and get away from keyboard for some time.
    That´s why i tryed to turn hibernation off, but it did nothing for the problem.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  3. 650hpAMG

650hpAMG Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a 3 month old Newegg exclusive 428 8RF model (GTX1070) and when playing games for over 1 hour the video would start to corrupt. Even with Cooler Boost on the video corrupts, losing all red, until I power it off for an hour or so. Then it is fine. I tried the latest driver on MSI website (399.21) and the latest on nVidia. Still the same issue. I am starting to think I have a bad laptop and rather not risk removing the heatpipes and applying some better thermal paste. Figure I would post up there first for suggestions. Thanks

EDIT: It has become far worse, losing all red within minutes of playing a game. I have taken the laptop apart in the past to install a M.2 drive. Perhaps I can check on the headpipes his weekend. Temps for cpu hover around 74 and gpu around 94.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  4. JimBobIII

JimBobIII Newbie

Reputations:
    Sounds like either the SSD or RAM to me - try flashing MemTest86 to a USB stick and leave it running overnight to try diagnosing RAM errors. You can use something like CrystalDiskInfo to see if your system drive is throwing any SMART errors.

No idea how hot the 1070 models usually run, but 94C definitely seems excessive, although I guess it depends on what you're running. Is that the max after the one hour of use, or does that get up to that temp and start throttling early on?

5. Le Quan

Le Quan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Definitely something is wrong with the cooling, GPU temps should never reaches that high (around 70-80C while gaming is usual)

6. jayiarts

jayiarts Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks guys, it seems to be working atm, I'll keep you guys updated if windows reset these settings.

Also does anyone know how to change the location of the desktop folder/recycle bin to my hdd drive instead of my ssd? There's no location tab for the desktop folder

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  7. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    No Location tab? :rolleyes:

2019-02-28_065704.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  8. jayiarts

Reputations:
    Yeah for some reason lol, there's no location tab. I had to go through the registry to edit it.

If anyone else is having this problem. Regedit is your friend.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\Desktop

9. 650hpAMG

650hpAMG Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I did not want to be one of those that never post an update. I dropped it off at MSI, took them about a week to repair, they had to replace the screen. Of course it is not all perfect as the back of the chassis halves do not meet, obviously the kid that worked on it snapped a few tabs. Oh well. my expectations with tech companies is very low, so nothing surprising.

10. jayiarts

Reputations:
    It's been 2-3 days, and my M.2 Sata drive has written 100gb for some reason. Is this normal? Is there anyway to check if what's causing these writes?