*** The Official MSI GP63 Leopard Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes, anything below 90C is fine, but optimal temperature is definitely 70C.

2. JimBobIII

JimBobIII Newbie

Reputations:
    Honestly I think with limited cooling power anything under a sustained 80 degrees is probably fine; 85-90 is still safe but that's the point where I start to worry about it affecting the lifespan of the hardware.

After a couple weeks I've gotta say I'm pretty impressed with the punch the hardware packs after a bit of an underclock. I've always been skeptical of mobile chipsets, even with this one running a standard 1060 and not the Max-Q, but I've been running modern games at high or max settings without issue. CPU still runs a little hot in more demanding stuff like the Anthem demo, but the fan noise is still generally low enough that I don't notice it with headphones on unless I turn on the turbo mode. I can even leave VMs running with a few gigs of RAM on a second virtual desktop without noticing a real performance hit most of the time.

3. Le Quan

Le Quan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Has anyone open this laptop for a repaste? Im planning to do a repaste soon but not sure if it's too difficult (I never repaste before and dont have many tools)

Gursimran82956 likes this.
  4. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    toughasnails likes this.
  5. JohnyTomala

JohnyTomala Newbie

Reputations:
    It's my first post on this forum, so Hello Everyone!
    I saw there many experts, who know how to make good undervolt on MSI GP63. I came here for advice. I used some guides from internet how to use ThrottleStop well, but still I can't use this laptop fully like you (I'm getting lost with all this TS settings, like TPL etc :/) I'm using MSI to work, but i also want to use it comfortable in games.
    My settings in TS looks like this (check screens).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ofc the temperatures went down a bit, but I think it's still can be better. Can you guys give me some advice what should I change or improve? I know, this topic was rolled out milion times in this thread probably, but I need capsular guide. I didn't change anything in BIOS, because I wasn't sure what is totally safe and necessary.
    My CPU is Intel Core i7-8750H, and graphics - GTX 1060, 8GB RAM, Win10 Education.
    All drives are updated.
    In TS bench with 1024M icon "Throttle" is marked and temperature is 90+ Celsius.

I know my language isn't perfect. I created account only for this thread, because in my country, undervolting isn't too popular and I had to look for a help further.

All the best for you and your laptops! :)

Gursimran82956 and ryzeki like this.
  6. Gursimran82956

Gursimran82956 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Le Quan
    What are your cinebench scores as of now?
    Mine dropped somewhat from before in both gpu and cpu tests.(8 months have passed since i bought this model)
    How about you?

7. Le Quan

Le Quan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I got 1210-1220w now, which is ~50 points less compared to when I first bought it

Gursimran82956 likes this.
  8. Gursimran82956

Gursimran82956 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is buying notepal u3 plus(without mod) worth for gp63?
    or with mod?

9. Leandro Lopes

Leandro Lopes Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You won´t need many tools, just be very carefull with those plastic locks (picks) cause they sure break easily.

10. Leandro Lopes

Leandro Lopes Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guy, from a few days to now my laptop get a bluescreen more than often. Usually it is when it is going to sleep or hibernate. I also noticed a buzz everytime it turns off the screen for lack of use.
    I tried the usual powerconfig comand to turn the hibernation off and on again, but it did nothing.
    Any tips?