*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Acop

Acop Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    after recent windows updates i noticed sound levels got really really low, what i did that actually fixed it is i installed an old driver (6.0.1.8186) which really got the volume loud again reinstalling the stock driver didnt help for me. guess latest windows updates messes with the system.

2. Acop

Acop Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    after recent windows updates i noticed sound levels got really really low, what i did that actually fixed it is i installed an old driver (6.0.1.8186) which really got the volume loud again reinstalling the stock driver didnt help for me. guess latest windows updates messes with the system.

3. hbouma

hbouma Newbie

Reputations:
    I am looking to buy this laptop, but I have a question I am hoping someone can answer. How long is the cord from the brick to the tip? I have been seeing some shorter ones lately from Asus where the cord is only around 3 foot long.

4. hardfork

hardfork Newbie

Reputations:
    Enjoying my GE so far, despite some hiccups.

When I try to wake the laptop from sleep, I need to press the power button, and it takes 8ish seconds including the MSI splash screen, which doesn't seem normal.
    Any fix to this?

5. bryneb

bryneb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What is the little light to the left of the keyboard?

6. ChrisTT

ChrisTT Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Shift?

7. martijn1899

martijn1899 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Caps-lock

bryneb likes this.
  8. bryneb

bryneb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, look at that. Thank you.

9. Ananassi

Ananassi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi. This is my first post on these forums.

I received my GE75 with 2080 last friday. Been installing stuff and tweaking it for the few last days. Some random thoughts:

Gaming performance wise it's an incredible machine. Battlefield plays with +100 fps on ultra settings. Haven't tested many other demanding games, but very impressed with the performance.

The machine works nicely with an external monitor. My Asus PG278QR runs G-sync via laptop's minidisplayport as well. Battlefield hits 100ish fps even with the 2k resolution with the external monitor.

The processor did get hot right out of the box, my max temps hit 98 celsius when playing BF5. I downloaded throttlestop, undervolted and limited turbo clocks to 3,6 GHz, and processor temps dropped for 10 celsius. Max temps on Battlefield are now 88-90, averaging at 80ish and idle temps go under 50. GPU max temps while playing battlefield are at 80, average temps are naturally lower. I haven't done a repaste and with these temps it really seems I might not have to.

Biggest problem for me seems to be the fan noise. Other less demanding games run pretty quietly, but Battlefield really ramps up the fans. I have experimented with the advanced fan profile in dragon center, but I'm not completely sure how low is it safe to take the fans. Is going below 60% fan speed at max temps dangerous? I kept observing the temperatures while lowering the fan speeds and didn't notice a difference there while gaming.

10. nyxgraywolf

nyxgraywolf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've got a question anyone with the GE75 and the 2080 can you take the ram that's under the heatpipe out without removing the entire cooling assembly? And is the second M.2 slot only sata or can you run dual nvme + the 2.5 drive?