*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Nov 12, 2018.

1. ChrisTT

ChrisTT Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

just a short question from a newbie: I am wondering to see in HWMonitor, that my RTX GPU is in idle (normal web browsing) at 50 degrees Celsius. Is this a normal temperature? Shouldn't it be lower because the Intel GPU is aktivated? Or is my optimus not correct working?

2. Tikerz

Tikerz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Go into your Nvidia control panel and under Desktop there's an option to display GPU activity in the taskbar. It will show you what is using the GPU.

3. ChrisTT

Reputations:
    Thx mate.. everything seems ok.. RTX GPU not activated while browsing :)

4. ChrisTT

Reputations:
    double post...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  5. SoundSS

SoundSS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Those results you got are on stock? or did you make any changes undervolt etc.?

6. gdmaddog

gdmaddog Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Stock cooling. No Throttle Stop. No undervolts. I made the modifications from page 48 (post #475) in this thread. Credit to AWholeHam for putting it all together.
    Running mild OC on the video with afterburner, 139/915. The OpenGL score recently dropped from 115ish to 105fps after I updated to Win10 version 1809, the infamous October update. Its borked Nvidia's drivers and no one seems to know why they have take a performance hit. Its not noticeable to me except in running silly benchmarks.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  7. Scramble74

Scramble74 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don't know if GE63 is much slower than GE75, I have GE63 8SG and I get 20,593 on Fire Strike with turbo mode and undervolt:
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/34290094?

And 9518 on Timespy
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/34290618?

Although I also have replaced the original memory sticks with faster 2x16gb cl15 memory and it looks like they speed up the machine some. But I think even the stock version speed is identical to GE75 as they have same specs. I did a lot of benchmarking at least and didn't see difference.

Heat issues might be a problem though as GE63 is smaller. I had some serious issues with heat and noise until I repasted the machine (not with LM though). Headphones recommended regardless. Maybe the faster memory also contributed to the heat? Also I'd want to get at dual channel two memory stick version even at stock.

8. Kommati

Kommati Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey Scramble74, and hey to everybody!!

I just ordered my GE75 8SE!!!! I hope I made the right choice *fingers crossed*.

So, I guess you’ll be seeing me around here often asking stupid questions about stuff that I have no idea about like undervolting, pasting, benchmarking etc etc, so please I’m asking for everybody’s patience in advance!! :D

thefatapple, Tikerz and Atma like this.
  9. bryneb

bryneb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Good choice, these units are fantastic. I was originally planning on the GS75, glad I changed my mind.

Kommati likes this.
  10. thefatapple

thefatapple Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    no not normal, it should be deactivated. your power button light should be white unless you're using the rtx gpu. go to nvidia control panel and make sure nothing is using it. in nvidia control panel, Desktop > display notification activity in gpu area. see if there's something using it.

also regarding your other fan question, play around with silent option (google it and download from msi's website)