*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Nov 12, 2018.

1. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Matching RAM is not important like it used to be. The system should run both sticks at whatever the slowest of the two sticks is. You shouldn't have any problems.

2. vidaporvida_

vidaporvida_ Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Warning for all users of RTX 2070 and RTX 2080

I contact several times MSI (Europe) and now they confirme this by email:

"At the moment our team of engineers is analyzing the various cases, hopefully launch a new BIOS / Firmware that solves the problem.
    We are also waiting for the Nvidia team for news, the general problem is not just our brand.
    Stay tuned for updates, we will try to contact you as soon as we have an update."

There is been alote reports of FPS drops (not caused by any heat or lack of dual channel) but some mal function). For the RTX 2080 underperformes alote against even a RTX 2070 as for the RTX 2070 there are some issues like mine that they "Overclock" alone to values of 2100MHz of Core Speed causing FPS drops and lag. It can be fixed if u downclock but still gona lose perfomance.

Theres is a vídeo showing how the clocks are way high in other cases:

Sadly there are many reports across the world and not only MSI, ASUS are having same issue and problems. Its not CPU related but Nvidia.
    Lets hope they fix it as soon as possible, because its frustrating. Its a expensive damn laptop, not all buyers have this problem but from what I saw there is alote people that have that problem and doesn´t know. DON´T make sintetico benchs because it won´t show there ur poor perfomance, its ingame laggy and fps drops, inconsistance in core speed and lack of energy (mV are way to low).

I tryed everything u can imagine for the last 6 days, conclusion: Can´t do a ****. have to return this laptop and fingercross they accept it since its only 7 days old.

3. Tikerz

Tikerz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The 8750H seems to hit power limit throttle quite a bit. The thermals are not a problem since I repasted with liquid metal. Anyone else have this issue?

4. vidaporvida_

vidaporvida_ Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yes. Even with a good amount of undervoltage, u get alote "PL1 and PL2".

Solution using throttlestop:
    - CPU Cache Offset Voltage (-160mV)
    - CPU Offset Voltage (-160mV)
    - iGPU Offset Voltage (-100mV)
    Add under CPU Voltage (1.0000V)

Limite your turbo to 3.6GHz only on core 6 all the rest u can leave it as it is, (but under 100% you will still get PL2 and PowerThrottle) but since most games won´t use 100% u can leave it that way.

If u wanna complete remove the Power Limit there is only 1 solution. Turbo Speed to max 3.4GHz, u won´t excede 45W on TDP at 100%.

Im testing all sorts of settings ALL weak and this is the most stable on. Even with 3.6GHz u get a good Cinebench R15 1150 score.

There is no way to put higher TDP for this case, to use 3.9GHz we would need atleast 75W (but since its locked to 45W) u can´t do much but this.

Sure I have LM too, my temps never go over 73ºC under full load. Found out that there is a Power Limit and u can´t overcome that, not even in BIOS.

Tikerz likes this.
  5. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Not even in the Super Secret Squirrel MSi Advanced BIOS you can unlock by doing the key press thing in the regular BIOS to unlock.

6. SupremeUnicorn

SupremeUnicorn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i just changed from paste kryonaut to LM conductonaut. https://imgur.com/a/z7ufyfG
    the foam barrier is from a case with lots of screwdrivers and such.

i had one problem... msi support said that 0.5mm thermal pads should fit, but my gpu did not touch the heatsink when i used 0.5mm, only the cpu touched.
    it did originally come with thermal grease type on those components around gpu and as i could see a 1mm pad on the components above cpu.

so i had to put kryonaut paste on the components surrounding the gpu and then the heatsink touched the gpu.

Before LM:
    TS https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6509577
    FS https://www.3dmark.com/fs/18631778

After LM:
    TS https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6511829
    FS https://www.3dmark.com/fs/18633765

Dont look at the score too hard, undervolted and underclocked.

There are improvements on the score from before to after, but the biggest is probably the reduction of temp. around 10c less on avg, it was 15c less at the start. (dont remember exact temps now because i am not at my laptop and the online result doesnt show temp, but around 70 max)

since i used 0.5mm pads above cpu and it looked like 1mm when i took off the original ones, would i have to clean and repaste the components around gpu(kryonaut paste) if i wanted to check if the pads touches components and heatsink?

thefatapple, Tikerz and mirage_rus like this.
  7. thefatapple

thefatapple Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    you can lock those values on msi afterburner, did you try that?

8. Aes85

Aes85 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  9. Tikerz

Tikerz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I experienced the same thing in my repaste. 0.5mm thermal pads around the GPU was too thick so I ended up using K5 Pro around the GPU. I did use thermal pads on the components around the GPU that originally had pink thermal pads on though. 0.5mm pads around the CPU worked fine, very good contact.

10. Oneniquex

Oneniquex Newbie

Reputations:
    yup same , the fujipoly 0.5mm some parts are too thick for it. my gpu almost got burned by doing this. and i stuck on bios (had to take out both hdd for it to forced bios and disable fast boot for it to work again) so what i did was repaste the vrms and other components around gpu with mastermaker gel nano , gpu and cpu with kryo

my question is by repasting around gpu and cpu with thermal paste .. is it safe ? since mastermaker pro is non electric conductive ? or should i repaste with the blue adhesive paste that msi originally pasted ? (btw where can i get the blue paste)